Amy Schneider becomes fourth contestant to win $1M on ‘Jeopardy!’

What's rarified firm?

“Jeopardy!” champ Amy Schneider grew to become the fourth contestant within the present’s historical past to earn 1,000,000 dollars in non-tournament play Friday.

Schneider’s whole haul handed the seven-figure mark together with her twenty eighth consecutive win, a file run for feminine gamers on the long-lasting quiz present.

Her $1,019,001 in winnings trails solely host Ken Jennings, who gained $2.5 million; James Holzhauer, $2.46 million; and Matt Amodio, who gained $1.52 million final 12 months.

The 42-year-old Oakland engineering supervisor mentioned hitting the milestone “feels wonderful, it feels unusual.”

“It’s not a sum of cash I ever anticipated can be related to my identify,” she mentioned in an announcement.

“Simply seeing myself on TV nonetheless is sort of a shock, although I used to be there when all of it occurred. I assumed I might win some video games however I didn’t suppose I might do that effectively,” she added in a Friday interview with the Related Press.

Schneider, who's the primary transgender particular person to qualify for “Jeopardy!’”s match of champions, mentioned her newfound fame has empowered members of her group.

"Jeopardy!" champion Amy Schneider
“Jeopardy!” champion Amy Schneider is the fourth contestant to succeed in the $1 million milestone.
Jeopardy Productions, Inc. by way of AP

“There’s a whole lot of concern for his or her family members who're trans, and fear that they could be restricted in life,” she mentioned of involved kin of transgender folks. “To have the ability to go on the market and present that I will be profitable in a really mainstream sort of means has, I feel, made a whole lot of them really feel higher in regards to the folks of their lives.”

Schneider mentioned her classmates voted her almost certainly to be a “Jeopardy!” contestant in eighth grade.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post