Erin Andrews found hoopla over Aaron Rodgers hug ‘so stupid’

Erin Andrews heard all of the response over hugging Aaron Rodgers a pair weeks in the past, and thought it was silly.

The Fox Sports activities sideline reporter mentioned the matter on her podcast with Charissa Thompson, “Calm Down with Erin and Charissa,” this week. She felt that the response was a mixture of the commentariat choosing on her for being a lady, mixed with Rodgers being a lightning rod.

“I just about have hugged Rodgers since I began protecting the NFL. He’s been a great pal of mine for the final 15 years,” Andrews stated. “It was so humorous as a result of the folks near me in my life like my household or different quarterbacks I do know or different gamers are like ‘Why is that this an enormous deal?’

“I liked Pat McAfee for joking round with him, and being like, ‘You two gotta cease hugging.’ And I liked when Aaron kinda stated she’s my pal. It’s additionally like him mentioning that he hugs different guys, opposing gamers and I used to be like ‘yeah! I’m checked out like one of many guys!'”

Fox Sports activities sideline reporter Erin Andrews
Getty Pictures
Aaron Rodgers #12 of the Green Bay Packers spins a football
Aaron Rodgers responded to the blowback from his Erin Andrews embrace, saying, ‘I’m a hugger and I take pleasure in seeing my buddies postgame.’
Getty Pictures

Andrews went on to clarify that she has hugged a variety of star gamers, and it’s by no means in any other case was a factor.  

“Sunday, I hadn’t seen Odell [Beckham Jr.] and he ran over by me and he regarded so blissful and I simply stated, ‘God I miss that smile,’ and he was like good to see you and gave me a hug. I gave Von Miller a hug as a result of he did ‘Dancing With the Stars,'” she stated.

Aaron Rodgers and Erin Andrews in 2018.

“Lots of people neglect, we’re with these guys 18 weeks out of the yr. We see them on a regular basis, we’re with them in the course of the highs and lows of their profession. I’m grateful for the entry they’ve given me. I’ve obtained to let you know, for the primary time, whether or not you wish to name Rodgers a lightning rod for his stance on COVID, I don’t wish to get into that — what I’m getting concerned in is sports activities. I used to be pumped he broke [Brett Favre’s Packers touchdown pass] file.

Andrews concluded that it have to be a “chick factor” as a result of two males hugging by no means will get introduced up as a difficulty.

“For the primary time in my profession I sort of thought, this was like a chick factor,” Andrews stated. “They’re going after it as a result of I’m a feminine. Now, perhaps I've it wronged they’re simply going after it as a result of Aaron is a lightning rod proper now however I'll say this, nobody has stated something when Greg Olsen and [George] Kittle tackled and hugged one another.

“In actual fact it’s an NFL meme — in actual fact they used it in the course of the sport as a result of it was a cool second.

“I’ve watched ‘Monday Night time Soccer’ with [Randy] Moss hugging the man and I by no means get that manner as a result of I’m grateful for my job and employers however for the primary time I used to be like ‘Is that this a chick factor? If I used to be a man and gave him a hug would anyone have cared?’ I wished to proper it so dangerous. I gave [Matt] Stafford a hug and I’m buddies with him and his spouse and nobody stated something. Perhaps as a result of Aaron is a lightning rod. So silly. Gradual information day.”

Ultimately, Andrews obtained to what was in all probability an even bigger issue within the broader response than one thing resembling center faculty teasing: she had simply completed the COVID theater of giving a socially distanced interview with Rodgers earlier than the hug, breaching the social distance that had been broadcast on tv.

“And I do know that there’s the opposite argument the place we’re doing the interview six toes aside, due to the COVID protocol,” Andrews stated. “It's what it's. I perceive that. I’ll do regardless of the NFL wants me to do.”

What Andrews touched upon right here is correct: She just isn't answerable for the interview having been performed at a social distance. That may be a determination made by the NFL and Fox. Any response about how that was foolish must be directed up the ladder versus on the sideline reporter.

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post