Inside Nets draft steal Kessler Edwards’ emergence and shot-doctor sessions with Kyle Korver

Join right here to get Contained in the Nets delivered to your inbox every Saturday morning.

The Nets, stunning for a star-studded championship contender, have given vital minutes to 4 rookies. And certain none has surpassed expectations greater than Kessler Edwards has.

The second-round draft choose from Pepperdine had his work reduce out to even make the Nets’ roster. Now he’s been thrust into the beginning lineup because of accidents to Joe Harris and, extra just lately, Kevin Durant. Chosen No. 44 general, Edwards entered the weekend sixteenth in his draft class in Win Shares and twentieth in field plus-minus.

“I believed it was going to be later within the season – positively didn’t suppose I’d be beginning, doing all this presently,” stated Edwards, who has began the previous 9 video games (general he’s averaging 8.1 factors and 4.4 rebounds in 17 appearances). “However I knew with my talent set and the way I play that I’d have the ability to discover a option to contribute. … I’m lastly beginning to get right into a rhythm.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post