Jordan Turpin a TikTok star after surviving depraved ‘House of Horrors’

Jordan Turpin has greater than 475,000 followers on TikTok, the place the 21-year-old posts typical dance movies and her bio reads: “I really like serving to others! Love to bounce and write songs!”

However there's nothing typical in regards to the cheerful blonde.

She is considered one of 13 siblings who escaped a home of horrors the place her dad and mom David and Louise Turpin saved them locked away.

In 2018, Turpin, then a courageous 17-year-old, escaped her Perris, Calif., dwelling and made the decision to authorities, who found that she and her siblings had been starved, dwelling in squalor and, in some circumstances, shackled to beds.

“I used to be telling them every part. We don’t go to highschool. We stay in filth. We starve. And all of the stuff,” she advised Diane Sawyer in November in regards to the fateful 911 name.

Their story of kid abuse and torture horrified the general public and her dad and mom got a life sentence behind bars.

Jordan and her sister Jennifer opened up to Diane Sawyer about their house of horrors.
Jordan (proper) and her sister Jennifer opened as much as Diane Sawyer about their home of horrors.
ABC

However on social media, Turpin, who expressed pleasure upon being verified by TikTok this week, appears to be specializing in extra optimistic pursuits.

“Hey guys, I simply needed to pop on right here actually fast and say thanks a lot for all of the love and all of the help,” she stated in a video. “Whoever has adopted me or watched my movies, I respect you a lot and I really like you guys a lot.”

Jordan Turpin regularly posts dance videos on tiktok
Jordan Turpin often posts dance movies on TikTok.
Credit score:jordan_turpin/Tiktok

Turpin has additionally used it as a platform to advocate for her siblings, a few of whom are nonetheless struggling, and expressed gratitude for individuals who have contributed to the JAYC Basis, which was based by Jaycee Dugard, who was kidnapped as a toddler, and helps households who've skilled disaster.

“Individuals have been asking me do I see my siblings usually, how are my siblings doing. I need to let you recognize, I do see my siblings fairly often and I really like them a lot. We're not in the very best dwelling state of affairs proper now however we do have a roof over our head and we've got a approach to get meals and we're all very grateful for that,” she stated.

Jordan additionally thanked those that had been sending her cash immediately by Venmo or Money App.

“Now I can afford to offer all my siblings some actually good, good items this 12 months and I'm so comfortable and grateful that I can do this,” she stated. “I hope some day that I will help you guys and others, identical to you guys have helped me. It means a lot to me.”

Jordan Turpin now has a huge social media following to help support her and her siblings.
Jordan Turpin now has an enormous social media following to assist help her and her siblings.
jordan__turpin/Instagram

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post