Paul Finebaum rips ‘punk’ Baker Mayfield: ‘A poor man’s Johnny Manziel’

ESPN faculty soccer analyst Paul Finebaum didn't maintain again when requested about Baker Mayfield.

In an ESPN Cleveland phase on Friday, Finebaum asserted that the Browns shouldn't convey again Mayfield after a disappointing 2021 marketing campaign and made a less-than-desirable comparability between the 26-year-old and one other former Cleveland quarterback.

“I received into it with him in faculty,” Finebaum stated of Mayfield. “He got here after me on Twitter. And I assumed he was a punk then and nothing has modified. He's a poor man’s Johnny Manziel.

“I believe Cleveland must eliminate him. I don’t know if it’s doable, however I believe the Browns are losing their time with this man.”

Mayfield has one other 12 months left on his rookie contract, however there's a likelihood that the Browns will attempt to commerce him within the offseason.

Paul Finebaum (right) called Baker Mayfield (left) a 'poor man's Johhny Manziel.'
Paul Finebaum (proper) referred to as Baker Mayfield (left) a ‘poor man’s Johhny Manziel.’
AP (2), Sipa USA

The QB went off on journalist Mary Kay Cabot this week when she reported rising tensions between the QB and head coach Kevin Stefanski over how the franchise was using Mayfield. Cabot wrote that if Mayfield “doesn’t get assurances that issues will change subsequent season,” he'll “contemplate asking to be traded.”

Mayfield referred to the article as “clickbait” and accused Cleveland media to be “drama stirring reviews with no sources or details.”

The 26-year-old has been the goal of criticism this season and has not performed as much as expectations. Mayfield fought via a left shoulder harm this season and admitted accidents are starting to take a toll.

“I’m a particularly aggressive man,” Mayfield instructed reporters Monday. “Now it’s time for me to start out what’s in the perfect curiosity of me and my well being.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post