Rising golf star Akshay Bhatia met his caddy – and girlfriend – by sliding into her DMs

Akshay Bhatia, a 19-year-old golfer primed for the PGA Tour, met his girlfriend and caddy as one does within the fashionable period: by sliding into her DMs on Instagram.

Bhatia received the Korn Ferry Tour’s Bahamas Nice Exuma Traditional final week at Sandals Emerald Bay by taking pictures a 65 – seven below par – within the last spherical. He grew to become the third youngest golfer, behind Sungjae Im and Jason Day, to win a Korn Ferry event.

Akshay Bhatia and caddie Presleigh Schultz on Jan. 19, 2022.
Akshay Bhatia and caddie Presleigh Schultz on Jan. 19, 2022.
PGA TOUR

In keeping with Daniel Rapaport of Golf Digest, this victory for Bhatia “all however lock[s] up a PGA Tour card for subsequent 12 months.”

Bhatia’s caddy? Presleigh Schultz, whom Bhatia blindly direct messaged on Instagram final 12 months earlier than he was slated to play within the Valero Texas Open.

“I used to be like, ‘Hey, let’s meet up,” Bhatia instructed a Korn Ferry Tour producer this previous week.

“You realize, she’s by no means watched golf. Her little brother performs a bit bit, however she didn’t actually know what was happening.

“And so we met there, and now she’s caddying in my first Korn Ferry occasion as a member, which is superior.”

Schultz acknowledged the surreality of all of it.

“I don’t know something about golf and now I’m caddying for him,” she laughed.

Bhatia turned professional at 17 years outdated, bypassing school.

“I struggled mentally, I missed each reduce,” he instructed Golf.com. “I had lots of people anticipating me to play properly and it didn’t occur.”

Nevertheless, the pandemic gave him time to replicate.

Akshay Bhatia sid into Presleigh Schultz's Instagram DMs.
Akshay Bhatia sid into Presleigh Schultz’s Instagram DMs.
Presleigh Schultz on Instagram

“I bought to sit down again, discuss to my coach, notice the place I’m at in my life,” he mentioned. “After that, you understand, I’ve simply climbed the mountain slowly and slowly and slowly.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post