49ers star Kyle Juszczyk combines brains and brawn

Kyle Juszczyk grew up in Ohio a Jets fan enjoying within the yard and dreaming the NFL dream along with his older brothers, Sean and Brandon, and all these years later, the 49ers’ Professional Bowl fullback burns to survive in opposition to the Rams on Sunday and get to a different Tremendous Bowl and win one for himself and for Harvard.

“I feel it will imply lots in two other ways,” the person they name Juice informed The Publish. “I feel for the varsity, I feel anytime that we are able to get recognition for what we do on the sector and never precisely all the time about what we’re doing within the classroom, I feel it actually simply provides to the flexibility of the scholar inhabitants there. It actually does present that it’s not only a faculty strictly of good SATs and brainiacs and individuals who spend all day in a classroom and stuff, it truly is a various inhabitants of individuals that may be profitable actually in any discipline.

“And so I feel so as to add one other Tremendous Bowl winner to that goes additional to show that, and actually present that it’s a singular inhabitants and we are able to actually do some particular stuff.”

4 former Harvard Crimson gamers — John Dockery, Jamil Soriano, Matt Birk and Cameron Brate — have captured Tremendous Bowl rings. Brate profitable Tremendous Bowl LV with Tom Brady and the Buccaneers has solely fueled Juice’s hearth.

“Cam and I performed collectively for 3 years, and so now we have an amazing relationship.” Juice stated. “I used to be so completely satisfied for him to have that have and have the ability to really feel it. What he described is simply one thing you could’t even put into phrases.

“If something, seeing him exit and win one simply motivated me much more to wish to get one myself.”

Kyle Juszczyk
Kyle Juszczyk
Getty Pictures

Juice had an opportunity to get one two years in the past, however Patrick Mahomes shattered his Tremendous Bowl LIV dream.

“It took a very long time, and realistically I don’t know if I’ll ever be over it ’trigger it’s only a missed alternative,” Juice stated. “These ones are gonna sting even when I'm going on and win the following 4 Tremendous Bowls, I want I had 5, you already know? It was a miserable couple weeks, which I feel is simply a part of the grieving course of.”

From Harvard to the Tremendous Bowl another time maybe.

“I really feel like I'm all the time making an attempt to show that I belong right here,” Juice stated. “I’m a fourth-round pick of Harvard, a fullback, and all three of these distinctions I really feel like kinda put a chip on my shoulder. The fullback place catches a number of warmth, and the truth that I got here from Harvard is all the time one thing that I really feel like I've to show myself within the athletic neighborhood. I feel what actually does drive me is having the ability to show folks unsuitable and present those that I belong right here.”

Oh, he belongs, all proper. He's a six-time Professional Bowler despite the fact that he was compelled to make a transition from tight finish.

“I simply needed to make it to the NFL by any means crucial,” Juice stated.

He made it with the Ravens after which he made himself into the highest-paid fullback (5 years, $27 million) within the recreation earlier than the season.

“I attempt to mix grittiness with my intelligence,” Juice stated. “Actually that goes again to even earlier than I used to be at Harvard. I by no means needed to get too up or too down throughout a recreation, as a result of I all the time felt like a power of mine was my calmness and my capacity to make good selections below stress, below stress and to make these selections rapidly.”

Juice, who goes 6-foot-1, 236 kilos, carries the banner for all fullbacks.

“I do all the pieces in my energy to point out that this place is alive and nicely and could be a main contributor to potent offenses,” he stated. “It’s not three yards and a cloud of mud. This place can be utilized in a really explosive offense like our personal and might be requested to do a number of various things. I take satisfaction In doing that.”

Kyle Juszczyk runs past Green Bay Packers' Henry Black during the 49ers' divisional-round win.
Kyle Juszczyk runs previous Inexperienced Bay Packers’ Henry Black through the 49ers’ divisional-round win.
AP

Certainly, Juice (229 profession receptions, 13 receiving TDs) can line up just about wherever for 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan.

“He actually is the right coach for me,” Juice stated, “as a result of he asks me to do issues he’s by no means seen me do. However he has a imaginative and prescient for it. He can image what it’ll appear like, and he trusts me to do these issues.”

Juice has been impressed with how Jimmy Garoppolo has dealt with the drafting of Quarterback of the Future Trey Lance.

“It actually has made him only a higher quarterback,” he stated. “It’s motivated him, it’s pushed him and it’s pushed him slightly bit more durable. I feel he’s responded nice and has been such a frontrunner all through this complete course of, a man that we are able to belief, a man that we are able to lean on and simply have 100 per cent confidence in. When Jimmy steps into that huddle, man, he elevates all people in there, and he exudes confidence, and it’s a trickle-down impact.”

The 49ers want to beat the Rams for the third time this season.

“I simply love our mentality, and the way selfless all people is … all people offers it up for each other,” Juice stated.

49ers versus Rams shall be a check of wills.

“Little doubt about it,” Juice stated. “It is a recreation that we’re gonna should play a full 4 quarters, and 5 if we'd like it, and we simply should execute at our absolute highest.”

The best way he did for coach Tim Murphy at Harvard, the place he was a two-time All-American and three-time All-Ivy — and 2011 undefeated Ivy League champion.

“The Harvard-Yale video games are all the time extraordinarily particular ’trigger by far our largest video games yearly, the stadiums are all the time packed to max capability, it’s a wild game-day environment,” Juice stated. “It’s all the time the final recreation it doesn't matter what. That’s our Tremendous Bowl. To have the ability to maintain up that trophy after the sport, and to have fun with my teammates that evening, going throughout campus bringing the trophy with us, these are occasions I’ll by no means ever neglect.”

The child from Harvard is greater than prepared for a Tremendous reminiscence he’ll by no means ever neglect.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post