Austin Water utility leader resigns after 4-day boil water notice caused by human error

Greg Meszaros, the top of Austin Water utility, has stepped down following a boil water discover mistakenly issued within the Texas capital for 4 days.

The boil water discover has been blamed on an issue brought on by human error. Meszaros introduced his resignation in a memo despatched to metropolis supervisor Spencer Cronk, in keeping with Fox 7

“I take full duty for any shortcomings on the utility this previous week. I additionally take satisfaction in our many accomplishments,” Meszaros stated. “Whereas I've cherished my job as director, and I'm exceedingly pleased with all that my group and I've achieved over the almost 15 years I've served as Austin Water’s chief, I'm able to step apart.”

“It’s turning into clear that this was an error from our working workers at our Ullrich Plant oversights and the way they attended the method of treating water at Ullrich,” Meszaros instructed Fox 7. “That’s actually unacceptable to us.”

The error resulted in your complete Ullricch Water Remedy Plant stopping operations. In accordance with Meszaros, this has by no means occurred earlier than.  Following the incident, the town started to take the mandatory steps to carry the discover, reminiscent of testing water samples to make sure enough high quality in water.

Austin Water director Greg Meszaros resigned following Austin being placed under a boil water notice for four days.
Austin Water director Greg Meszaros resigned following Austin being positioned below a boil water discover for 4 days.
FOX 7 Austin

Austin council member Mackenzie Kelly stated workers points are “the duty of the director.”

“I requested the after-action opinions for the final 5 years of incidents which have occurred at Austin Water utility,” Kelly instructed Fox 7. “I’ll be reviewing these this weekend, and I’ll convey my findings to the special-called assembly.”

Meszaros assumed the function of director in 2007. 

The boil water notice was blamed on a problem caused by human error, as the error resulted in the entire Ullricch Water Treatment Plant stopping operations.
The boil water discover was blamed on an issue brought on by human error, because the error resulted in your complete Ullricch Water Remedy Plant stopping operations.
FOX 7 Austin

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post