Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo talks about his Staten Island roots, Pete Davidson

Cincinnati Bengals coordinator Lou Anarumo is a Staten Island native whose stout protection will face a stiff check Sunday towards the Los Angeles Rams in Tremendous Bowl LVI. Anarumo performed quarterback at Susan Wagner HS on the Island, later served because the junior varsity coach there, and earned his diploma in particular training on the borough’s Wagner School. The 55-year-old Castleton Corners resident took a short break from getting ready for the Rams’ high-octane offense to deal with some hard-hitting questions from The Put up’s Dean Balsamini about his hometown.

Put up: What’s your tackle Staten Island-bred celebs Pete Davidson and Colin Jost buying a Staten Island Ferry?

Anarumo: “I believe it’s superior. I believe I have to go on a journey with these two. I want an invitation!”

Put up: What’s your favourite New York Metropolis pizza joint?

Anarumo, pictured on the field in 2019, is a Staten Island native.
Anarumo, pictured on the sector in 2019, is a Staten Island native.
Kareem Elgazzar, Cincinnati Enqu

Anarumo: “I’m a Denino’s man [famed Port Richmond pizzeria]. The sausage pie.”

Put up: Would you reasonably reside in Ohio than the crime-ridden Huge Apple?

Anarumo: “I like the place I reside however house is house and it’s at all times nice. I hope town comes again quickly.”

Put up: Do you purchase the prediction by groundhog Staten Island Chuck that we're in for an early spring?

'Home is home,' Anarumo said of his native Big Apple.
‘House is house,’ Anarumo stated of his native Huge Apple.
Getty Pictures
Anarumo is a fan of Denino's pizzeria.
Anarumo is a fan of Denino’s pizzeria.
Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports activities

Anarumo: “I’ve by no means purchased into the groundhog factor. Within the northeast, it’s type of crappy between February and Could. Go to Florida.”

Put up: Are you superstitious and what's your fortunate attraction?

Anarumo: “I’m a superstitious maniac. I’ve gone from having an image of my household in my pocket each recreation day, to creating certain that the passes that I get for the sport are set excellent in a selected nook in my locker, to sporting a selected jacket to the video games. I haven’t modified what I’ve worn to the playoff video games as a result of we haven’t misplaced. I've the identical outfit on. If one thing’s working you stick with it. My spouse needs to kill me.”

Put up: Who has a greater style sense: You or quarterback Joe Burrow?

Anarumo: “He’s bought me. Joe is on his personal stage proper now. He can pull it off. I can’t anymore.”

'I've probably watched 'Gladiator' a gazillion times.'
‘I’ve in all probability watched ‘Gladiator’ a gazillion instances.’
©DreamWorks/Courtesy Everett Co

Put up: Favourite film?

Anarumo: “Everytime one thing older comes on, I’m watching it. I’ve in all probability watched ‘Gladiator’ a gazillion instances.”

Put up: Favourite live performance?

Celebrating a victory with Bengals player Sam Hubbard.
Celebrating a victory with Bengals participant Sam Hubbard.

Anarumo: “U2 in Miami. Unbelievable.”

Put up: Any shoutouts?

Anarumo: “My household has sacrificed a lot for me. My spouse and youngsters have picked up and moved throughout the nation. I like them with all my coronary heart. My household has at all times supported me however I even have an unbelievable group of associates who've been coming to the video games from Kings Level to the Tremendous Bowl. To all the blokes I performed highschool soccer with and the gang at Giofest — which is the nickname given to the once-a-year weekend get-together of my highschool and school buddies in upstate New York. We’ve been doing it for over 30 years!”

Put up: Ideas on the Jets?

Anarumo: “The Jets [who beat the Bengals in 2021] are trending in the correct route.”

Put up: Would you prefer to emulate Joe Namath and supply a Tremendous Bowl prediction?

Anarumo: “I’m not that daring.” (laughs)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post