Bob Costas hints at chance to fix his one regret about NBC breakup

Bob Costas needs issues had ended extra amicably with NBC, and hinted that a reunion could possibly be so as.

“I didn’t want a parade, however it could’ve been good if I might’ve ended on a grace word,” Costas stated on “In Depth with Graham Bensinger.” “I didn’t want a full-blown hour as a tribute to my profession, as some individuals obtain. I'd’ve been positive if they'd simply had me do some type of programming after which on the finish, for 2 minutes, say goodbye.”

Costas, who has executed work for CNN and HBO since leaving NBC in 2019, was pulled off the Tremendous Bowl LII telecast after saying, “This sport destroys individuals’s brains,” three months earlier than the sport in reference to concussions.

“I didn’t care [about hosting the Super Bowl],” Costas stated. “I cared extra about the place I'd go for dinner that evening. However naturally that’s the way in which the idiots framed it. … I didn’t give a f–king rattling.”

He did say he regretted an interview with ESPN wherein he stated “everybody walks on eggshells concerning the NFL,” although he added all the things within the interview was true.

Bob Costas NBC
Bob Costas throughout an NBC “Sunday Night time Soccer” broadcast in 2015.
AP
Bob Costas NBC
Bob Costas on “In Depth with Graham Bensinger.”
In Depth with Graham Bensinger

Costas additionally added he felt “someone needed to acknowledge the elephant within the room” relating to host international locations reminiscent of China and Russia when the Olympics visited there.

With Costas’ duties now not together with baseball or the NBA, and primarily comprising the NFL — about which he felt ambivalent — and the Olympics, he in the end was OK with leaving.

“The one factor I want about leaving NBC is that it ended on a extra gracious word, and perhaps we’ll circle again and make that proper sooner or later, make it fully proper.”

Requested if he thinks that can occur, Costas stated, “I hope so, and I feel there’s an opportunity that it's going to.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post