Here’s what ‘Jeopardy!’ champ Amy Schneider did with her $1.4M winnings

“Jeopardy!” champ Amy Schneider is soaking it up.

The previous sport present contestant, 42, had a record-breaking streak that got here to an finish Jan. 26.

Schneider raked in $1,382,800 after her 40-game streak and he or she’s able to spend a few of that hard-earned money.

“Journey is unquestionably part of the plan,” she advised The Publish. “I discussed on the present that we wished to go to Eire, and whereas we’re nonetheless finalizing it, it’s trying like we’ll be there for St. Patrick’s Day.”

She and her associate, Genevieve Davis, are additionally setting a number of the earnings apart “for a possible down fee on a home, however we’re doing a little enjoyable procuring within the meantime. No big-ticket gadgets, however I’m refreshing my wardrobe, issues like that.”

Amy Schneider
Amy Schneider was on an almost 40-game successful streak throughout her time on “Jeopardy!”
Courtesy of @jeopardamy

She revealed that she took a go away of absence from her job as a software program engineer in Oakland, California, and took a much-deserved trip — decadent bubble tub included.

“We went to this actually fancy, boutique resort in Half Moon Bay, California, final Saturday night time, particularly for its large bathtubs,” Schneider mentioned throughout a Q&A session with the New York Occasions on Twitter Areas Wednesday.

"Jeopardy!" champion Amy Schneider
“Jeopardy!” champion Amy Schneider is the fourth contestant to succeed in the $1 million milestone.
Jeopardy Productions, Inc. through AP

Between journeys, she’s additionally getting some writing in.

“There has positively been quite a lot of curiosity in my writing a guide, and it’s one thing I’d like to do,” she advised The Publish. “My principal focus proper now is determining what precisely that guide would possibly seem like; there are quite a lot of issues I’m captivated with, so it’s a matter of narrowing all my concepts down right into a coherent guide. So, nothing concrete but, nevertheless it’s one thing I hope to make occur.”

As for taking a pause along with her profession, she mentioned the outdated 9-to-5 doesn’t fairly have the identical sheen as her latest fame.

“I believed I used to be going to be extra excited to get again to my day job than it seems I've been,” she advised the Occasions.

Since her time on the long-running present ended, Schneider, who's transgender, has additionally been getting calls from brokers who wish to characterize her. She has signed with CAA (Inventive Arts Company).

“I additionally am having quite a lot of conferences with my brokers, which is such a bizarre factor to listen to myself say, nevertheless it’s true,” she gushed. “I signed with CAA and so they’re, you already know, enthusiastic about all types of various issues.” CAA reps celebs equivalent to Tom Hanks, Zendaya and plenty of extra.

Amy Schneider
The software program engineer will subsequent be seen within the Event of Champions.
Courtesy of @jeopardamy

When she was requested if she would ever go on one other trivia present, she didn’t have a “Jeopardy!” reply.

“I've had some individuals specific curiosity, and I used to be like, ‘Get again to me in a couple of months. I’ll see what I wish to do.’ ”

Schneider famous, “I feel I’ve already achieved the very best one, so far as I’m involved, so there's this, like, a part of me that’s like, ‘Ah, it received’t be pretty much as good.’ “

The California native will subsequent be seen within the Event of Champions. She mentioned she’s fearful about competing in opposition to all-time favorites Matt Amodio and Andrew He.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post