Joe Harris ‘confident’ he’ll be back for Nets with injury frustration mounting

SALT LAKE CITY — Joe Harris can’t assure he’ll have the ability to keep away from a second surgical procedure on his left ankle and even that he’ll play once more with the Nets this season.

However Harris remains to be hopeful, and if he could be a bit of extra affected person on this rehab, the sharpshooter thinks he’ll be again out on the courtroom for the Nets earlier than the season ends.

“That’s laborious to say,” Harris mentioned. “In my thoughts, I’m assured that I’ll have the ability to get again. I’ve been optimistic by means of this complete factor. I haven’t actually misplaced religion in the truth that I’m going to have the ability to come again and play, and that’s the identical spot that I’m in proper now. I’m not going to only utterly give in on what’s occurring.

“My focus is particular to the therapy, the religion in our efficiency employees and realizing there’s nonetheless an opportunity for me to get again. I simply have to remain per what I’m doing, most likely to be a bit of bit extra affected person, have a bit of extra time … it’s laborious to find out, so all of the vitality and focus has obtained to be put into making an attempt to do the proper stuff proper now. Then, no matter occurs, occurs afterward.”

Joe Harris in a Nov. 12, 2021 game for the Nets.
Joe Harris in a Nov. 12, 2021 sport for the Nets.
USA TODAY Sports activities

Harris hasn’t performed since Nov. 14 in opposition to the Thunder. He had ankle surgical procedure on Nov. 29, with the expectation that he’d be again in 4 to eight weeks, however suffered a setback.

Harris’ agent, Mark Bartelstein, advised The Publish on Thursday that the subsequent week or two will decide if one other process might be required. However when requested what kind of surgical procedure is perhaps wanted or a timeline for a return, Harris demurred.

Harris on Jan. 19, 2022
Harris on Jan. 19, 2022
NBAE through Getty Pictures

“I don’t know the precise particulars. Just about all my focus proper now shouldn't be essentially worrying loads about hypothetical stuff and a few of the procedures which will occur,” Harris mentioned. “It’s like, ‘Hey, I’m specializing in the rehab, and simply making an attempt to get proper so I can come again and play’ and never fear about all that stuff. If I've to cross that bridge, I’ll fear about it once I come as much as it.

“My focus is simply persevering with with the rehab and therapy and this system that we've in place. And we've wonderful efficiency employees right here, I’ve seen some nice docs and the main focus is simply on the therapy facet, the rehab facet and not likely that involved with kind of like hypothetical procedures or something like that.”

Harris seemed to be making progress however had a setback throughout his rehab. He acknowledged how a lot being off the courtroom has pissed off him, and that he most likely wanted extra endurance all through the restoration course of.

“Yeah, it’s certainly one of this stuff the place I used to be fairly wanting to attempt to get again,” Harris mentioned. “You get put sure timelines initially so that you’re clearly taking pictures to attempt to hit these when the fact of the matter might be that I wanted a bit of bit extra time and a extra gradual incline to what we have been doing.

“However it wasn’t like every one factor the place I simply needed to shut it down utterly. It was extra like within the development of issues I used to be simply caught at one tier doing these things versus progressing as much as the subsequent one. So it wasn’t like I skipped a complete bunch of stuff and was going proper to the courtroom. It was all alongside the timeline of what my program was. I simply needed to keep on some stuff a bit of longer earlier than I may progress.”

The Nets have missed Harris. Their efficient discipline aim share of 56.3 with him on the ground has dipped to 53.0 since he has been out. However coach Steve Nash cautioned endurance for his floor-spacing wing.

“It’s very aggravating I’m certain for him to proceed to check his psychological toughness, attempt to discover options and recover from this factor,” Nash mentioned. “We simply inform him we’re right here for him. Attempt to restrict your stress, preserve working and preserve going by means of it and what might be might be. However don’t add to it by [dwelling] on it. Simpler mentioned than performed once you’re not the one going by means of it. However all of us really feel for him.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post