Mike Krzyzewski fumes after flagrant foul: ‘One of the most dangerous plays I’ve seen’

Duke’s Wendell Moore was fortunate to keep away from severe damage on Thursday evening.

Late within the first half, Moore went for a quick break dunk and was undercut by Clemson’s David Collins, coming down exhausting however fortunately avoiding any contact to his head.

Collins was assessed a flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the sport, which Duke went on to win 82-64.

“He didn’t see himself, we noticed him,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski mentioned. “He was parallel to the bottom eight ft up within the air. That was one of the crucial harmful performs I’ve ever seen, and I’m not knocking Collins, however I’ve by no means seen a participant appear to be that earlier than.”

Clemson coach Brad Brownell introduced Collins over to Krzyewski for a dialogue earlier than leaving the courtroom. In an Instagram story afterward, Collins mentioned he was going too quick to cease.

“I by no means have been a unclean participant by no means will,” Collins wrote. “I want bro a wholesome season and I by no means tried to harm anyone, however I do know everyone seems to be entitled to their very own opinion.”

Head coach Mike Krzyzewski of the Duke Blue Devils
Head coach Mike Krzyzewski of the Duke Blue Devils
Getty Photographs

“The truth that [Brownell] introduced [Collins over] and we had some good interplay, I believe that was actually good,” Krzyzewski mentioned. “I instructed Brad that I simply wished to maneuver on. Wendell is nice, at the least I hope he’s good. We’ll see how he feels after the airplane journey, but it surely’s finest to maneuver on.”

Moore completed the sport with eight factors and eight assists in 33 minutes because the Blue Devils cruised in Coach Okay’s ultimate recreation at Littlejohn Coliseum.

Clemson guard David Collins
Clemson guard David Collins
Getty Photographs

Ranked sixth within the nation, Duke subsequent takes the courtroom at Boston School on Saturday.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post