Nets’ Patty Mills gets advice from Joe Harris on 3-point contest

Patty Mills hopes to return again to Brooklyn after the All-Star break as champion of the 3-Level Contest. Might the Nets be getting a former 3-point champ again shortly after that as nicely? 

Joe Harris has been sidelined since Nov. 14, and his agent advised The Publish there was an opportunity he may need a second left ankle surgical procedure. However coach Steve Nash mentioned it’s possible that Harris could possibly be able to return to the court docket in some vogue for apply after the break, to evaluate whether or not that process might be averted. 

“We’ll see. It’s attainable,” Nash mentioned. “I couldn’t say so proper now.” 

Harris had arthroscopic surgical procedure on Nov. 29, involving the elimination of a unfastened physique by crew orthopedist Dr. Martin O’Malley. 

Mills had 22 factors and hit 5 of seven from deep in Thursday’s 117-103 loss to the Wizards

Mills mentioned he spoke to the previous champ Harris about what to anticipate within the 3-Level Contest. Mills is taken into account a betting favourite on this weekend’s occasion and is trying ahead to the expertise. 

Patty Mills
Patty Mills dribbles throughout the Nets’ loss to the Wizards.
Charles Wenzelberg/New York Publish

“I feel it’s going to be completely completely different, so I’m going to must really feel it out and see the way it goes,” Mills mentioned. “From what I’ve been listening to, it's a completely different beast, I assume, from what you’re used to in a recreation however trying ahead to it. I’m simply going to have some enjoyable and attempt to benefit from the course of.” 


After a dominant effort on the glass Wednesday towards the Knicks, Andre Drummond had six factors and 9 rebounds in 18 minutes on Thursday. 

He and Nash have mentioned a secret's getting the veteran middle’s conditioning on top of things so he can deal with starter’s minutes. Drummond had been driving the bench behind Joel Embiid in Philadelphia. 

“Drained. Drained. Coming from a distinct scenario, coming off the bench and enjoying restricted minutes, to enjoying the minutes I usually used to play, simply get myself again in that enjoying form once more,” Drummond mentioned. “From the second I’ve received right here, I situation within the morning and I situation after the sport. So by the point the break is over, I must be again to regular once more. Simply getting myself again in that pace and that mode once more. 

“Earlier than shootaround I do conditioning on the treadmill, run or get on the bike. After video games like after this I’m going again on the treadmill once more. So simply getting again in that mode like I mentioned earlier, and having the ability to play these minutes all people is aware of I can.” 


James Johnson, Kevin Durant, Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving have been all out.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post