Patriots’ Mac Jones cleaning up his diet: ‘I like ice cream too much’

Tom Brady pushed efficiency science to new ranges in New England. His inheritor to the Patriots quarterback throne is following a minimum of one fundamental tenet of the TB12 methodology.

Mac Jones launched a drastic develop into his weight loss plan forward of his second 12 months within the league: slicing again on ice cream.

“I like ice cream an excessive amount of, like lots of people,” the quarterback joked to Patriots.com. “[I want to] simply restrict it after which attempt to eat wholesome, like we do on the Patriots; day by day [they] give us nice meals. I simply bought to speak to Ted [Harper], our nutritionist, and ensure we’re on the identical web page.”

We’re going to go forward and guess the group nutritionist is on board with Jones’ plan.

After a powerful rookie season, during which Jones led New England again to the postseason, he’s made a dedication to cleansing up his weight loss plan with a purpose to turn out to be a greater quarterback.

“There’s quite a bit that’s gonna go into it earlier than subsequent season even begins,” Jones stated, per MassLive. “That’s the necessary half, attacking that, after which hopefully a number of massive adjustments will come, with whether or not it’s mechanics or the playbook. I've a number of time now to form of digest every thing and form of take it over, how I wish to do it.”

Mac Jones
Mac Jones stated he was slicing down on his ice cream consumption as he preps for the 2022 season.
Getty Photographs

After a 12 months of limbo following Brady’s exit to Tampa Bay, the Patriots appear to have discovered their new franchise quarterback in Jones. The 23-year-old threw for 3,801 yards and 22 touchdowns, incomes a Professional Bowl nod.

Now he’ll must comply with it up by getting higher in Yr 2.

“I believe again to my freshman 12 months at Alabama, you’re simply form of figuring every thing out and then you definitely become older and also you’re simply extra skilled,” Jones stated. “Every thing: The media, the video games, every thing. I believe that’s the enjoyable half about every thing within the offseason. You get a second to simply catch your breath and determine every thing out.

Tom Brady
Jones’ predecessor, Tom Brady, has been identified for his strict weight loss plan.
Icon Sportswire through Getty Photographs

“This has undoubtedly been the longest 12 months. It’s been like nearly two years of soccer. I really like soccer. I like to hold going as greatest I can but it surely’s at all times good to step away and consider what you will get higher at, too.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post