Stephen A. Smith trolled over ‘First Take’ look: ‘What’s up 2 Chainz?’

Stephen A. Smith took “informal Friday” to a complete new stage on ESPN’s “First Take.”

Smith confirmed as much as work on Friday rocking two glowing silver chains over his black hooded sweatshirt, topped with a brown suede jacket.

Although his match was trendy, Smith’s chains stole the present, even drawing comparisons to a Grammy-winning rapper.

Molly Qerim likened her co-host's look to rapper 2 Chainz
Molly Qerim likened her co-host’s look to rapper 2 Chainz
Getty Photos

At one level, co-host Molly Qerim paused, checked out Smith with a smirk, and mentioned, “What’s up 2 Chainz?”

Smith famous that the rapper is “good individuals,” earlier than explaining his look.

“It’s informal Friday … it’s a adverse motive I've on this outfit as a result of I’m in LA, it’s 66 levels and I’m returning to New York and it’s freezing. I’m going residence, that’s why,” he mentioned.

“I just like the jacket however be careful I'd snatch a type of chains,” Molly joked, earlier than trolling Smith for “re-complimenting” himself.  

When ESPN analyst Kendrick Perkins joined the present, he felt unnoticed.

“Y’all didn’t give me the reminder to put on my chains?” the 2008 NBA Champion requested whereas the group shared fun.

The web additionally loved Smith’s look, with one individual tweeting, “Y’all bought buckets over there @FirstTake? @stephenasmith pulled as much as the set dripping?”

Stephen A. Smith's casual look turned heads Friday on ESPN's "First Take"
Stephen A. Smith’s informal look turned heads Friday on ESPN’s “First Take”
Twitter/ESPN

Smith returned to the present in January after a number of weeks away whereas sick with COVID-19. He defined on the present that he had examined constructive for the virus in mid-December and was later admitted to the hospital, the place he spent New 12 months’s Day.

“They instructed me, had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn’t be right here. That’s how dangerous it was. I had pneumonia in each lungs. My liver was dangerous,” Smith mentioned. “But when it wasn’t for a number of docs, I wouldn’t be right here.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post