Thanks to these baseball icons for giving me so much material over the years

“I don’t love baseball,” I instructed numerous folks over the previous couple of many years. “I really like journalism.”

On reflection, possibly that despatched too harsh a message. In any case, I definitely loved watching baseball, digging deep on it, writing about it and discussing it with of us. But journalism did come first. It needed to. My job known as on me to report info and analyze them, to advocate and oppose, with zero regard for the sport’s good. 

So as I wind down 25-plus years of baseball protection and nearly 10 years at The Submit, I wished to pay tribute to the parents who might or might not have helped baseball, however for certain helped journalism. Their identify on a again web page ensured good gross sales, and as my trade advanced, their identify in a headline assured clicks.

Via the prism of New York baseball from 1995 (after I first lined a recreation) till now, right here’s my Most Priceless Folks poll:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post