UFC fighter Joel Alvarez gushes blood, loses after brutal elbow to face

That’s numerous blood.

Joel Alvarez was on the receiving finish of a bad-looking sequence of blows, together with a vicious elbow, at UFC Vegas 49 that triggered dangerous sufficient injury that his face was masked in blood and the referee stopped the combat, declaring Arman Tsarukyan the winner by TKO.

It took till simply 1:57 within the second spherical for Tsarukyan to win his fifth straight combat, and the light-weight is now searching for an opportunity to make good on a 2019 loss to Islam Makhachev.

UFC
Arman Tsarukyan strikes Joel Alvarez throughout a UFC Vegas 49 combat on Saturday.
Zuffa LLC through Getty Pictures

“I prefer to shock each one among my opponents,” Tsarukyan advised reporters. “I needed to point out how I enhance my putting, wrestling, I can do the whole lot. It was my sport plan to make him drained, to choke him or a TKO. I did it and I’m very blissful. I believe I deserve a top-10 [ranking] and get fights with a high fighter. I’m getting higher daily.”

Alvarez began bleeding within the first spherical after Tsarukyan hit his nostril with an elbow that bloodied it. Although Alvarez acquired patched up between rounds, it didn’t take lengthy for Tsarukyan to do extra injury.

With Tsarukyan concentrating on his nostril, Alvarez was quickly bleeding once more, main the referee to step in.

UFC
Joel Alvarez’s face after his combat with Arman Tsarukyan at UFC Vegas 49.
Zuffa LLC through Getty Pictures
UFC
Joel Alvarez reacts after his UFC Vegas 49 loss to Arman Tsarukyan on Saturday.
Zuffa LLC through Getty Pictures

Makhachev gave Tsarukyan his solely loss in UFC, including which means to a possible rematch.

“It’s going to be the best match as a result of we're the very best in our division,” Tsarukyan stated. “I believe so.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post