Weight loss influencer Lexi Reed hospitalized, ‘organs failing’

Lexi Reed impressed her 1.2 million followers to attempt for a wholesome life-style, however a thriller sickness has put the load loss influencer in essential situation for weeks, her household has revealed.

The 30-year-old from Indiana gained a following on Instagram as she chronicled her two-year journey to dropping 312 kilos “naturally” with a balanced weight loss plan and common train.

On Thursday, her husband, Danny, shared the troubling replace with Lexi’s followers on her @fatgirlfedup account.

“Just a few weeks in the past Lexi saved getting sick and couldn’t hold any meals down. She then began performing in another way so I took her to the hospital the place they admitted her into ICU, positioned on a medically induced [coma], on a ventilator, and [told] me that her organs began failing,” he mentioned.

Fitness influencer Lexi Reed was put into a medically induced coma after a mysterious illness set in.
Health influencer Lexi Reed was put right into a medically induced coma after a mysterious sickness set in.
Instagram/@fatgirlfedup

“They mentioned if I waited one other day to take her she may have died,” he added.

The weight loss plan diarist started her inspirational dispatches as a New Yr’s decision in 2016.

“When Danny & I met … I weighed over 300lbs. He by no means knew me as any much less & by no means requested me to vary,” she mentioned on the time. “I nevertheless needed to dwell an extended life with him, be wholesome, and be capable to have youngsters sooner or later.”

Danny and Lexi Reed
Lexi Reed together with her husband, Danny, earlier than they misplaced greater than 400 kilos collectively.
Instagram/@fatgirlfedup

After a dramatic weight reduction, she determined to bear pores and skin removing surgical procedure in 2018, reducing away 7 kilos of extra flesh. “I’m in quite a lot of ache. I’ve by no means had surgical procedure earlier than and I’ve cried each day a number of occasions,” she wrote then. “I'm decided to heal and provides restoration my all.”

Lexi Reed
Final 12 months, Lexi Reed shared that the pandemic had set her again on her weight reduction targets. “Always remember or remorse how far or the place you began,” she wrote in June 2021.
Instagram/@fatgirlfedup

Lexi hadn’t revealed on Instagram since Jan. 2, when she posted a New Yr’s weight reduction problem to assist inspire herself and others. She just lately admitted that the COVID-19 pandemic had set her again on her targets. “Regardless of gaining a few of that weight again I’m nonetheless pleased to be alive after fearing I’d miss 30 and I’ll by no means return to the place I used to be,” she wrote final 12 months.

Lexi stays hospitalized following her downturn.

“She is at present in dialysis, can’t stroll, and dealing on restoration,” Danny continued in his publish. “Getting her again to well being has been our prime precedence.”

Her husband, who has shared his personal 95-pound weight reduction journey through @discoveringdanny, additionally mentioned that the household “sadly” is with out medical health insurance and will launch a GoFundMe to assist cowl medical bills, Folks reported.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post