Woman who jumped from NYC high-rise identified as Miss USA 2019 Cheslie Kryst

The girl who leaped to her dying from a Midtown high-rise Sunday was former Miss USA Cheslie Kryst, regulation enforcement sources instructed The Publish.

Shortly earlier than she jumped, Kryst posted on her Instagram web page, “Could today carry you relaxation and peace.”

The 2019 pageant winner and 30-year-old lawyer jumped from her luxurious 60-story Orion constructing at 350 W. forty second St. round 7:15 a.m. and was discovered useless on the street under, sources stated.

“In devastation and nice sorrow, we share the passing of our beloved Cheslie,” the previous magnificence queen’s household stated in a press release Sunday. 

“Her nice gentle was one which impressed others around the globe along with her magnificence and energy. She cared, she beloved, she laughed and she or he shined.

“Cheslie embodied love and served others, whether or not by way of her work as an lawyer preventing for social justice, as Miss USA and as a bunch on EXTRA,” her household stated. “However most significantly as a daughter, sister, pal, mentor and colleague — we all know her impression will reside on.”

Cheslie Kryst
Former Miss USA Cheslie Kryst was recognized as the lady who jumped out of a New York constructing on January 30, 2022.
Stephen Yang
Sources say Chelsie Kryst was lone when she jumped and was last seen on a 29th-floor terrace.
Sources say Kryst was alone when she jumped and was final seen on a Twenty ninth-floor terrace.
Paras Griffin/Getty Pictures

Kryst, who lived on the ninth ground of the constructing, was alone when she jumped and was final seen on a Twenty ninth-floor terrace, sources stated.

Sources stated Kryst left behind a word saying she needed to depart every thing to her mom, a former pageant competitor herself who was topped Mrs. North Carolina in 2002. The word didn’t embrace a motive for Kryst’s actions, sources stated.

“Not solely stunning however she was good — she was a lawyer,” a police supply stated of Kryst. “She has a life that anybody could be jealous of. … It’s so unhappy.”

Chelsie Kryst jumped from the 60-story Orion building on 42nd St. around 7:15 a.m. and was found dead in the street below.
Kryst jumped from the 60-story Orion constructing on forty second Road round 7:15 a.m. and was discovered useless on the street under.
G.N.Miller/NYPost

Kryst, a former Miss North Carolina, gained high honors on the 2019 Miss USA pageant, carrying a sparkly winged outfit for the Nationwide Costume competitors, a nod to Maya Angelou’s “I Know Why the Caged Chook Sings.”

Kryst additionally labored as a reporter for ExtraTV.

“Our hearts are damaged,” the corporate stated in a press release. “Cheslie was not only a very important a part of our present. She was a beloved a part of our Further household and touched the complete workers. Our deepest condolences to all her household and pals.”

Kryst, a former Extra TV correspondent, is seen interviewing Lady Gaga.
Kryst, a former Further TV correspondent, is seen interviewing Girl Gaga.
Instagram/chesliekryst
Kryst posed with Rihanna in an undated Instagram photo.
Kryst posed with Rihanna in an undated Instagram picture.
Instagram/chesliekryst

In October 2019, Kryst spoke out on Fb for World Psychological Well being Day, providing recommendations on how she coped with stress. 

“I do rather a lot to ensure that I preserve my psychological well being,” she stated. “And an important factor that I did is speak to a counselor. She’s very easy to speak to. She offers me nice methods particularly if I’m unhappy or glad or have a busy month forward of me. 

“Once I’m not speaking to my counselor, I spend time on the finish of each single day to simply decompress,” Kryst added. “I unplug, I shut my cellphone off, I don’t reply messages. I simply sit and watch my favourite films.”

In 2020, she mentioned the problem once more in an interview with The Hilltop.

“There are three issues that I’m doing with regard with self-care,” Kryst stated. “No. 1, I attempt to set a daily schedule so my alarm rings each day at 6:45. I do know that I’m getting up and I’m beginning my day.

“Two, I attempt to set very clear boundaries, so regardless that I’m at house and I’ve acquired my pc, my cellphone with me, I’m achieved answering emails at 6 o’clock, I’m not responding to messages. It’s over.”

Third, she stated, “I've a daily exercise schedule that retains my physique wholesome and my thoughts sharp.”

In case you are scuffling with suicidal ideas or are experiencing a psychological well being disaster and reside in New York Metropolis, you possibly can name 1-888-NYC-WELL totally free and confidential disaster counseling. When you reside exterior the 5 boroughs, you possibly can dial the 24/7 Nationwide Suicide Prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or go to SuicidePreventionLifeline.org.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post