Zsa Zsa Gabor’s widower prince adopting grown man to inherit title

Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt is determined. Childless and 78 years outdated, he wants an inheritor to inherit his property and take care of him as he slides into dotage. Plus his royal lineage, which, he maintains, traces again some 1,000 years, would stop to exist with out an inheritor.

So von Anhalt, the widower of actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, did one thing rash. He sought to undertake an grownup son.

Having been married to a girl he describes as a prototype Kardashian — “She wasn’t well-known for her motion pictures; she was well-known for the [nine] males she married,” he informed The Submit — it made sense that he would perform his quest as publicly as doable.

On “Adults Adopting Adults,” a docu-series which premieres Monday, Jan. 31, on A&E, he's seen scouring social media and concocting plans that embrace looking for a son within the Beverly Hills outpost of Gucci.

“I did it on tv as a result of I needed to point out lonely people who they don't have to be alone,” von Anhalt stated. “You possibly can undertake a grown-up and have any person who helps you from day one. You don’t have to lift a toddler.”

Prince Frederic von Anhalt was adopted himself, at age 35, Princess Marie Auguste (above) of Germany.
Frederic von Anhalt was adopted himself, at age 35, by Princess Marie Auguste (above) of Germany.
Library of Congress

Von Anhalt is not any stranger to the mechanisms of adoption. In actual fact, that's exactly how he, a policeman’s son from a working-class household in Wallhausen, Germany, got here to be Prince Frederic. At age 35, in 1979, “I used to be adopted by probably the most well-known princess in Germany [Marie Auguste von Anhalt],” he stated. “I had performed soccer along with her grandson, and he moved to South America. I used to be the black sheep of my household. I used to be adopted by the daughter of the final emperor of Germany.”

The German monarchy was abolished in 1918; in line with the prince, “The titles nonetheless exist however there isn't a extra energy to the Aristocracy.

“Proper after getting adopted I went to a [garment] manufacturing facility and purchased a navy costume uniform. I wanted it. I used to be a prince and all of the royal relations put on uniforms. That’s how it's.”

Now 78, von Anhalt is looking for an heir to carry on his lineage — and help take care of him in old age.
Now 78, von Anhalt is on the lookout for an inheritor to hold on his lineage — and assist handle him in outdated age.

The adoption got here with a title, however no cash. “She acquired $500 per 30 days from the German authorities,” von Anhalt stated.

As a part of the association, he supplemented the princess with a further 2,000 Deutsch marks per 30 days, the then-equivalent of about $700. “She bought a superb deal,” stated the prince, who owned a spa and sauna enterprise on the time. “She bought the cash and I bought the title. Her youngsters and grandchildren had titles as nicely.”

Von Anhalt got here to Los Angeles on a lark, met Zsa Zsa Gabor whereas crashing a celebration hosted by author Sidney Sheldon, and impressed the actress along with his title in addition to that splashy navy uniform, which he had donned for the event. They married three years later.

Von Anhalt is widower to Zsa Zsa Gabor and holds the rights to her legacy.
Von Anhalt is widower to Zsa Zsa Gabor and holds the rights to her legacy.
PacificCoastNews.com

The prince makes no bones about what the royal title means to him.

“I made a device out of the title,” he informed The Submit. “I want to undertake any person and provides him the device. In America, it really works. Individuals need to know who you're and that's how they decide you.”

Although the A&E present depicts von Anhalt as struggling to discover a appropriate adoptee and even saying that he's contemplating a rapper, the perfect candidate was proper below his nostril.  

Feucht is the son of a friend of von Anhalt's, but says his parents are "happy" about the adoption.
Feucht is the son of a good friend of von Anhalt’s, however says his mother and father are “comfortable” concerning the adoption.

“I've recognized Frederic for seven years,” Kevin Feucht, 27, informed The Submit. “I used to go to LA for weekends. My dad is a good friend of Frederic and he informed me that I may keep at Frederic’s home. Frederic and I agreed that if I assist across the place, prepare dinner for him, work with him on the pc, be certain that his payments receives a commission – I bought a few of them lowered – and prepare dinner for him generally, I can keep.”

When Feucht, who was born in Germany and educated at UC Santa Barbara, discovered that Frederic was trying to undertake a son, he threw his hat into the ring. “He loves his household however he's not going to stick with his household; he's going to stick with me,” stated von Anhalt. “He has a brand new start certificates and I'm his official father. His father and I are nonetheless buddies. His mom and father are each effective with it.”

Stated Feucht: “My dad is comfortable about it. I really like my mother and father and can at all times love them.”

And Von Anhalt insists that Feucht’s mother and father needn't fear about their very own elder care: “Kevin has a sister. She is going to handle them.”

Von Anhalt says it wasn't required that Feucht spoke German but it's a plus that he does.
Von Anhalt says it wasn’t required that Feucht spoke German but it surely’s a plus that he does.

“Fredericis in a state of affairs and at an age the place he wants an increasing number of assist. Additionally, he constructed such an ideal profession with Zsa Zsa,” stated Feucht. (In line with the prince, his predominant profession inAmerica was being the husband of Gabor.)

“If no person takes on the legacy, all of it dies,” added Freucht, who's the founding father of Skillers Academy, a soccer coaching middle in Munich. “I provide a variety of information. I'm keen to construct one thing large and make it greater. I need to make a film or do a e book about Zsa Zsa. I need to preserve the legacy alive.”

Frederic preferred the concept instantly. “It was not necessary that he be German, however Kevin speaks good English and German, and that's necessary,” stated von Anhalt. “He’s a pleasant man, clever, clear, he works laborious. Zsa Zsa opened all of the doorways for me and now I'll do the identical for Kevin. Elon Musk is my neighbor. He sees me and says, ‘Hey, Prince.’”

A trainer, Feucht helps von Anhalt stay active with exercise.
A coach, Feucht helps von Anhalt keep lively with train.

Von Anhalt hopes that this adoption goes smoother than the 5 earlier ones he’s made — all of them whereas married to Gabor.

“They left. One man went to Dubai and confirmed off,” stated the prince, including that one other used the title to advertise a sequence of strip golf equipment in Germany. “What am I alleged to do? As soon as they'd the title, they took off. Zsa Zsa stated you need to marry a variety of guys till you discover the precise man. I feel it's the identical factor with adopting.”

He informed The Submit that his “sons” paid for the titles and nonetheless retain them.

Von Anhalt stated he's not nervous about them making an attempt to say his inheritance. “I'm doing all the precise issues [to protect the inheritance] whereas I'm alive. However after I die, I don’t give a rattling. For now, although, I simply hope Kevin will work out. He’s totally different from the others — he has a mind — however you by no means know.”

Von Anhalt was married to Zsa Zsa Gabor from 1986 until her death in 2016.
Von Anhalt was married to Zsa Zsa Gabor from 1986 till her loss of life in 2016.
Ernst/picture-alliance/dpa/AP

Von Anhalt has additionally used his title to confer knighthoods that he offered for $50,000 to $100,000 every. In line with The Hollywood Reporter, he admitted to creating greater than $10 million via these companies. “I by no means counted the cash,” he informed The Submit, including that the money went as simply because it got here. “I had an costly spouse and likewise an costly life.”

Feucht figures he’ll spend half of every 12 months in america with the prince and likens their give-and-take relationship to the one depicted within the film “The Upside,” wherein Bryan Cranston performs a paraplegic sorted by a wisecracking ex-con portrayed by Kevin Hart.

The adoptee stated that no cash formally modified palms between him and von Anhalt, and the present depicts it as a very authorized adoption.

Von Anhalt and Feucht, visit the grave of his deceased wife.
Von Anhalt and Feucht, go to the grave of his deceased spouse.

“I'd not name this a deal,” Feucht stated. “I stayed at Frederic’s residence and helped him. There was no cash concerned and that was how we saved it. I've my very own cash. However generally, once I exit, he’ll give me $500 so I can purchase dinner. Beverly Hills is pricey!”

Past the pin cash, Feucht’s large payoff will come when von Anhalt dies and bequeaths him the Gabor household stake. “I inherited cash from all of the sisters [Magda and ‘Green Acres’ star Eva]. All of it went to Zsa Zsa and now I'm the one one left,” von Anhalt informed The Submit. “Once I was with Zsa Zsa and her household, it was a 24-hour job.”In 2013, he and Gabor offered their house, which had been listed for $14.9 million.

As to what Feucht will do with the cash after the prince passes away, that is still up within the air. “I'll undoubtedly do the whole lot I must do to sustain the legacy of Zsa Zsa Gabor,” he stated. “Perhaps I'll use the cash to construct a statue or make a film. Frederic desires me to maintain the cash within the household and to make it helpful, to not use it for materials issues. And there are a variety of title rights within the belief. If you wish to make a film about Zsa Zsa, you want the rights.”

Von Anhalt, in the meantime, is anticipating the form of elder care that solely kin can present. Within the collection, Feucht is seen cooking for his new “dad” and customarily protecting him firm.

Von Anhalt says he lets Feucht drive his Mercedes G Wagon.
Von Anhalt says he lets Feucht drive his Mercedes G Wagon.

“Kevin goes to the health club with me and we stroll 5 miles. I've no job and I've numerous time,” von Anhalt stated. “He helps me in the home and drives my Mercedes G Wagon. I handle him, however once I get sick he'll handle me.”

To this point, Feucht has discovered the princely life to be fairly cool. Although he has not taken a cue from von Anhalt and used the title to land a celeb girlfriend — “You need the woman to be loyal and never in it for cash,” Freucht stated — he has tried on the navy uniform that's now his birthright. “It seems to be wonderful,” he stated. “It suits me like Cinderella’s shoe.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post