Dick Van Dyke, 96, feared fans would think wife, 50, was a ‘gold digger’

Dick Van Dyke, 96, is talking candidly about his marriage to his much-younger spouse, Arlene Silver, 50, saying he nervous followers would scrutinize their 46-year age hole.

In a brand new interview with Nearer journal, the “Mary Poppins” legend bluntly acknowledged: “I believed there can be an outcry a couple of gold digger marrying an outdated man, however nobody ever took that perspective.”

Van Dyke — who has a reported fortune of $50 million — first met Silver on the 2007 Display Actors Guild Awards. On the time, he was 81 and he or she was simply 35.

Dick Van Dyke, 96, and his wife Arlene Silver, 50, are opening up about their marriage in a new interview.
Dick Van Dyke, 96, and his spouse Arlene Silver, 50, are opening up about their marriage in a brand new interview.
Paul Morigi

Silver — who was working as a make-up artist on the occasion — additionally spoke with Nearer, recalling the second she first laid eyes on her now-husband.

“He mentioned, ‘Hello, I’m Dick.’ The very first thing I requested him was, ‘Weren’t you in ‘Mary Poppins’? We received alongside instantly as pals, so it didn’t really feel like he was a lot older than me,” she instructed the publication.

Van Dyke and Silver were friends for several years before embarking on a romance. They married in 2012, and are pictured together in 2017.
Van Dyke and Silver had been pals for a number of years earlier than embarking on a romance. They married in 2012, and are pictured collectively in 2017.
Rodin Eckenroth

The pair’s friendship subsequently turned romantic they usually wed in February 2012.

Van Dyke and Silver celebrated their tenth marriage ceremony anniversary final month, and it appears they’re nonetheless as beloved up because the day they mentioned “I do.”

“We share an perspective,” Van Dyke cooed of his spouse. “She will be able to waft. She likes to sing and dance, which we do virtually day by day. She’s simply pleasant.”

Loved-up: The happy couple are seen on the red carpet in 2016.
Beloved-up: The blissful couple is seen on the crimson carpet in 2016.
Tibrina Hobson

Silver subsequently chimed in: “He's essentially the most excellent human being. I’ve by no means met anybody so blissful, so real, so superb. He’s identical to a contented tablet.”

Final month, the couple confirmed off their fun-loving relationship in a video posted in honor of Valentine’s Day.

The pair had been seen dancing to a canopy of the 1958 Doris Day tune “All people Loves a Lover” carried out by Silver’s band, Arlene & the Vantastix.

The video went viral on-line, with followers remarking on the truth that Van Dyke may nonetheless bust a transfer in his mid-nineties.

Again in 2019, Van Dyke shared his secrets and techniques to staying in nice form, telling Nearer: “I’ve all the time been an exerciser and nonetheless am. I am going to the health club three days per week, get within the pool and train. At my age, they are saying to maintain shifting. Put me on strong floor and I’ll begin tapping.”

Van Dyke and Silver showed off their dance moves in a Valentine's Day video last month.
Van Dyke and Silver confirmed off their dance strikes in a Valentine’s Day video final month.
YouTube

The star revealed he does water aerobics, lifts weights and walks on a treadmill.

He added that he additionally has “good genes” and is fortunate he hasn’t been “hit by a bus.”

In the meantime, Van Dyke instructed NPR in 2015 that he regretted smoking and consuming when he was youthful, saying he gave up the habits many years in the past.

He additionally instructed different seniors to “simply maintain shifting.”

Van Dyke still hits the gym multiple times per week, doing weights and water aerobics.
Van Dyke nonetheless hits the health club a number of instances per week, doing weights and water aerobics.
Paul Morigi

“I've arthritis and all these issues, however I maintain shifting,” he acknowledged. “I didn’t uncover dancing and singing till I used to be in my 30s. It simply occurred out of nowhere. I remorse that I didn’t prepare slightly or take some vocal teaching or one thing. However I simply loved what I had and had enjoyable with it.”

The “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” star added that his optimism helped him to remain younger.

“It’s extra in my nature to be optimistic, I believe,” he declared. “I’m a kind of individuals who rise up on the fitting facet of the mattress within the morning. I rise up and have a cup of espresso and go to the health club as a result of I discuss myself out of it as a result of I'll as anyone will.”

He additionally mentioned much-younger Silver retains him on his toes, declaring: “I generally overlook that we’re doing an amazing experiment right here — 46 years distinction. And we work at it to some extent. There’s received to be some understanding, discover out what outdated habits don’t work anymore. It takes some adjusting and becoming in however that’s a part of the enjoyable of it.”

Van Dyke says Silver also helps to keep him staying young and on his toes.
Van Dyke says Silver additionally helps to maintain him staying younger and on his toes.
Axelle/Bauer-Griffin

Silver is Van Dyke’s second spouse. The four-time Emmy winner break up from his first spouse and mom of his 4 kids, Margie Willett, in 1984 after 36 years of marriage.

Van Dykewas additionally in a relationship with actress Michelle Triola for greater than 30 years till she died in 2009.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post