Dolly Parton to Rock Hall of Fame: Thanks but no thanks

Dolly Parton has introduced she is pulling out of this 12 months’s nominations for the Rock & Roll Corridor of Fame, saying she hasn’t “earned that proper.”

The music icon who has been elected into the Nation Music Corridor of Fame defined her choice in a press release posted on her official social media pages Monday, noting she didn't need to take votes away from the remaining nominees.

“Though I'm extraordinarily flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock & Roll Corridor of Fame, I don’t really feel that I've earned that proper. I actually don't need votes to be cut up due to me, so I have to respectfully bow out,” she wrote.

Different artists who've made each the Rock Corridor and Nation Corridor of Fame embody Brenda Lee, Johnny Money, Elvis Presley, Chet Atkins, Hank Williams and the Everly Brothers

Parton was named on the Rock Corridor shortlist final month, alongside fellow first-time nominees Eminem, Lionel Richie, Duran Duran and A Tribe Known as Quest.

The Cleveland-based establishment had introduced 17 artists and teams being thought-about for induction, additionally together with Rage In opposition to the Machine, Pat Benatar, Dionne Warwick, Carly Simon, Judas Priest and Beck.

Nation celebrity Dolly Parton stated she doesn’t really feel that she’s “earned that proper” to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Corridor of Fame.
AP Photograph/Eric Jamison
Dolly Parton performs at the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2021.
“Though I'm extraordinarily flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock & Roll Corridor of Fame, I don’t really feel that I've earned that proper. I actually don't need votes to be cut up due to me, so I have to respectfully bow out,” Parton wrote on social media.
Jason Kempin/Getty Photographs

The opposite nominees are Kate Bush, DEVO, Eurythmics, Fela Kuti, MC5 and the New York Dolls.

“I do hope that the Rock & Roll Corridor of Fame will perceive and be keen to think about me once more — if I’m ever worthy,” Parton’s assertion continues.

“This has nonetheless impressed me to place out a hopefully nice rock ‘n’ roll album sooner or later sooner or later, which I've all the time needed to do! My husband is a complete rock ‘n’ roll freak, and has all the time inspired me to do one.”

“I want all the nominees good luck and thanks once more for the praise,” Parton concludes. “Rock on!”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post