Phil Collins bids emotional farewell to fans at his final concert

Music legend Phil Collins held his final live performance ever amid his ongoing well being points

Collins was joined by Genesis bandmates Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks for his or her final present ever at London’s 02 Saturday night. Collins, 71, carried out the present sitting down and quipped to the group he'll now must discover a actual job, the Every day Mail reported

The band reunited for The Final Domino? Tour this 12 months after suspending because of the coronavirus. The tour got here after a 14-year reside efficiency hiatus. 

Collins has suffered from quite a few well being points lately, together with dislocating vertebrae in his neck in 2007 that left nerve harm to his arms. He has used a cane since 2015, when he had again surgical procedure, and revealed in September he can “barely maintain” a drumstick. 

“I don’t do something in any respect. I don’t follow singing at residence, by no means. Rehearsing is the follow,” Collins advised the Guardian in September. 

“These guys are at all times having a go at me for not, however I've to do it this fashion. In fact, my well being does change issues, doing the present seated adjustments issues. However I really discovered on my current solo excursions, it didn’t get in the way in which; the viewers have been nonetheless listening and responding. It’s not the way in which I'd have written it, but it surely’s the way in which that it's,” he continued. 

Phil Collins from Genesis performs at U Arena on March 17, 2022 in Nanterre, France.
Phil Collins held his final live performance ever.
David Wolff-Patrick/Redferns
British singer and drummer Phil Collins of the band Genesis performs live on stage during a concert at Mercedes Benz Arena on March 7, 2022 in Berlin, Germany.
Phil Collins carried out the present sitting down.
Gina Wetzler/Redferns
phil collins
Phil Collins joined Genesis in 1970.
Brill/ullstein bild through Getty Pictures

“These guys are at all times having a go at me for not, however I've to do it this fashion. In fact, my well being does change issues, doing the present seated adjustments issues. However I really discovered on my current solo excursions, it didn’t get in the way in which; the viewers have been nonetheless listening and responding. It’s not the way in which I'd have written it, but it surely’s the way in which that it's,” he continued. 

Genesis first shaped in 1967 and skyrocketed to fame within the Seventies, promoting greater than 100 million data. Collins grew to become the band’s drummer and backing vocalist in 1970, earlier than turning into lead vocalist in 1975.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post