Venus Williams suffers wardrobe malfunction at Oscars

Venus Williams had a nip slip within the midst of Sunday’s chaotic 2022 Oscars present.

The tennis star, who wore a customized white, plunging Elie Saab robe, suffered the wardrobe malfunction whereas sitting in her seat alongside her sister Serena Williams. ABC cameras caught the style mishap, and followers on Twitter shared display screen grabs that confirmed Williams holding her proper arm over her chest.

“Oh my god and a Venus Williams nip slip. This Oscars has turn into an episode of ‘The Jersey Shore,'” one particular person tweeted.

Whereas a such a vogue fake pas would dominate headlines on Oscars evening, it was Venus’ buddy, Will Smith, who stole the present.

In the course of the reside broadcast, Smith approached Chris Rock on stage and slapped the comic after he cracked a “G.I. Jane” joke about Smith’s spouse Jada Pinkett Smith — who's bald and has alopecia, an auto immune situation that causes hair loss.

When Smith returned to his seat after the slap heard across the Dolby Theatre in L.A., he yelled to Rock to “maintain my spouse’s title out of your f–king mouth.”

Venus Williams
Venus Williams suffered a nip slip on the 2022 Oscars.
Twitter/@jacobah88, Getty Pictures
Venus Williams and Serena Williams
Venus and Serena on the 2022 Oscars.
Twitter/@LingusMafia
Venus and Serena Williams
Venus and Serena Williams take a selfie on the Oscars.
A.M.P.A.S. by way of Getty Pictures

Later within the evening, Smith gained the Oscar for “Finest Actor” for his function as Richard Williams in “King Richard” — the biographical sports activities drama that tells the story of Richard Williams as the daddy and coach of Venus and Serena. The movie was additionally nominated for Finest Image.

Smith apologized to the Academy in a tearful speech on stage after he gained his first Oscar.

Venus Williams, who wore Stuart Weitzman footwear and Tiffany & Co. jewels, shared a photograph of her look to Instagram earlier than her wardrobe malfunction on the awards present.

“I’ve tried my greatest to organize for each second in life,” she wrote in her caption. “I’ve educated my thoughts, physique soul and spirit to be ready and prepared for something that comes my approach. Till now…. Till now…I may have by no means dreamed or ready to be on the @theacademy awards for a movie that tells my FAMILY’S story.

“That is past my dream. What can I inform you. Hold dreaming. Hold working. Hold combating. You don’t know the place life would possibly take you. I’m from Compton, California. And now I’m permit the best way right here. Its so good to BE ALIVE!”

Serena, in the meantime, appeared beautiful in a plunging pleated Gucci robe.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post