Emma Raducanu reveals she lost toenails due to intense training regimen

Emma Raducanu’s intense coaching apparently value her her toenails.

The 19-year-old tennis sensation, who competed Friday in her first skilled clay-court match, just lately opened up concerning the aftermath of the grueling routine.

“It’s okay — however I’ve no toenails now!” Raducanu responded when requested how she was feeling after hurting her hip, in line with The Solar.

Raducanu plays Friday, April 15, 2022, against Tereza Martincova
Raducanu performs Friday towards Tereza Martincova
Getty Pictures

“It’s my foot and my footwear, they’ve been sliding round so much. I had a small niggle in Miami however now I've no bodily factor.”

Raducanu, who will likely be competing with Nice Britain towards the Czech Republic in her first Billie Jean King Cup, was teased by her teammates concerning the state of her toes.

“We’ve all been left just a little scarred by the sight of Emma’s toes this week,” Anne Keothavong, the British workforce captain, stated of the world No. 12.

Raducanu's teammates have teased her this week about the state of her feet
Raducanu’s teammates have teased her this week concerning the state of her toes
Getty Pictures

Working towards for the clay-court competitors has been a problem for Raducanu, final yr’s U.S. Open champ. The truth is, she hasn’t competed on clay since dropping within the second spherical of the French Open junior qualifiers 4 years in the past.

On Friday, nevertheless, Raducanu defeated Tereza Martincova in Prague to tie Nice Britain and the Czech Republic, 1-1.

The teenager phenom additionally mentioned how she expects taking part in on clay to be a studying curve however has religion that it could grow to be the floor that she may dominate on.

Billie Jean King Cup
Nice Britain should win the very best of 5 matches to advance to the Billie Jean King Cup finals in November.
Getty Pictures

“That is going to be my first skilled match on clay so I’m undoubtedly studying,” she stated. “I really feel this might be considered one of my strongest surfaces going ahead. However in fact, it’s early days proper now.”

“I did spend a number of weeks on clay in the summertime however I do like sliding, and as soon as I time it proper and spend extra time on it then I’m positive this might be a extremely good floor for me,” Raducanu added. “So, after spending extra time on this floor, I’m positive I’ll time it higher. I really feel I can actually use it and play aggressively while additionally with the ability to transfer.”

To qualify for the Billie Jean King Cup finals in November, Raducanu and the Nice Britain workforce should win three out of the 5 matches towards the Czech Republic.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post