Hornets’ Miles Bridges wanted to stick it to Knicks after draft snub

The Knicks actually have made their share of errors within the draft, and Miles Bridges made certain to remind them of it Wednesday evening on the Backyard. 

After Bridges netted a game-high 31 factors within the Hornets’ 125-114 victory, he famous that he’s all the time motivated to play in New York after the Knicks chosen since-traded Kevin Knox over him with the ninth-overall decide within the 2018 draft. 

Bridges, the twelfth decide that yr out of Michigan State, is averaging 20.3 factors and seven.1 rebounds per recreation for Charlotte, the present No. 9 play-in crew within the Japanese Convention. 

“There’s plenty of historical past between me and the Knicks group, going again to draft day,” Bridges mentioned after Wednesday’s recreation. “So each time I are available, I need to make some extent of why they need to have drafted me again then. I simply attempt to be aggressive each time I come right here.” 

Miles Bridges
Miles Bridges (0) dunks throughout the Hornets’ win over the Knicks on Wednesday.
Charles Wenzelberg/New York Put up
Knicks
Miles Bridges reacts after his dunk in opposition to the Knicks on Wednesday.
Charles Wenzelberg/New York Put up

Bridges, who scored 14 straight Charlotte factors over a stretch of the fourth quarter, additionally mentioned that he loved jawing with courtside MSG followers throughout the recreation. 

“Any individual on the nook was speaking loopy for a minute,” Bridges mentioned. “Me and R.J. [Barrett] had a pleasant trade and so they took it the fallacious manner. That was proper earlier than I went on my streak, 14-0. 

“Yeah, he form of received me going, received me energized and that’s what I like about New York, you already know? There’s plenty of hecklers. They will attempt to get beneath your pores and skin and for me that simply makes me play higher.” 

Knox was traded by the Knicks to Atlanta in January — together with Charlotte’s first-round decide in 2022 — for Cam Reddish, who's out for the season with a shoulder harm. Knox is averaging simply 3.1 factors per recreation in 27 appearances with the Knicks and Hawks this season, although he did rating 17 factors in 18 minutes Wednesday evening in Oklahoma Metropolis. 


Julius Randle and Barrett now are basically tied for the crew scoring lead, with each rounded as much as 20.1 factors per recreation. Extrapolated out to the thousandths, Randle is averaging 20.097 ppg over 72 appearances, and Barrett is at 20.091 in 66 video games.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post