Masters 2022: Where the heck is Harry Higgs from? Let him tell you

AUGUSTA, Ga. — Harry Higgs, one of the vital colourful personalities on the PGA Tour, wished to clear just a few issues up after he posted a 1-under 71 in his first profession Masters spherical Thursday.

When requested about being “from’’ Camden, N.J., which is the place his PGA Tour bio states as his birthplace, Higgs gave the impression of somebody who was able to have his bio edited.

“Harry, there’s not many professional golfers which have Camden, New Jersey as their …

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I used to be simply born there, that’s the place the hospital was,’’ Higgs interrupted. “I crammed out my bio eight years in the past, 2014. ‘Birthplace, hometown, resides in.’ The hospital was in Camden. We lived simply throughout the river simply exterior of Philadelphia.

“Hometown, we spend extra time in Kansas Metropolis, so I put Overland Park, Kansas, after which I dwell in Dallas. I figured, I dwell in Dallas, they might have mentioned Dallas, Texas, proper? Positive sufficient, the darn factor says Camden, New Jersey. I get that each every so often. Some guys are simply so wildly disenchanted if I take a second to love, ‘No, man, it was simply the place the hospital was.’ ’’

Tom Watson
Tom Watson, proper, joined Jack Nicklaus and Gary Participant the Masters’ ceremonial opening tee shot.
EPA

Requested if Jersey folks “declare’’ him as theirs, Higgs, who’s identified for his enjoyable social media presence and for is golf shirts unbuttoned to point out his chest hair, mentioned, “I acquired tons of family and friends in Jersey and the Philadelphia space, so, sure, completely. I miss Wawa. I miss the hoagies and cheesesteaks. You may’t get nice pizza in Dallas, or actually Kansas Metropolis for that matter.

“No, they will declare me all they need, however Camden was strictly the hospital. Strictly the hospital.’’


Tom Watson, winner of two Masters and having performed in 43 of them, made his debut as one of many honorary starters, becoming a member of Jack Nicklaus and Gary Participant on Thursday morning to hit the ceremonial first tee pictures to start the event.

Watson mentioned when he acquired the decision from Masters chairman Fred Ridley inviting him to hitch the group, he mentioned, “I used to be very humbled about it, and I didn’t really feel I used to be in the identical class as these two.

“Folks had requested me, ‘When are you going to be the honorary starter at Augusta?’ for the final a number of years, and I mentioned, ‘Properly, I don’t belong there.’ Chairman Ridley known as me [and said], ‘Tom, we actually would admire it for those who would settle for our invitation to be an honorary starter with Jack and Gary.’ And I informed him, ‘I really feel very humbled. I don’t need to be there.’ He mentioned, ‘No, we’d actually such as you to do that.’

“Then he adopted up in a short time and he mentioned, ‘Tom, you are able to do it for so long as you’d like. That meant an awesome deal to me. The nice Lord keen the creek don’t rise.’’


Cameron Young
Westchester, N.Y.’s Cameron Younger is taking part in in his first Masters this week.
AP

Cameron Younger, from Westchester and Sleepy Hole Nation Membership, had a tough begin to his first Masters, capturing a 5-over 77 due to a double bogey on No. 18. …

Stewart Hagestad, who in 2017 turned the primary Mid-Beginner champion to make a Masters reduce, went from capturing even-par on the entrance 9 Thursday to ending with a 7-over 79, thanks partially to a triple bogey on No. 11. …

Bryson DeChambeau additionally had a troublesome again 9, capturing even-par on the entrance and ending with a 4-over 76. Justin Thomas, who performed follow rounds all week with Tiger Woods and admitted to his shortcomings in main championships, additionally shot 76.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post