Patrick Mahomes only ‘a little bit’ surprised by Tyreek Hill trade

Tyreek Hill has been one of many Chiefs’ greatest weapons. Nevertheless, quarterback Patrick Mahomes is something however shocked that Hill gained’t be returning subsequent season.

In a current interview with Sports activities Illustrated’s Albert Breer, Mahomes opened up in regards to the 28-year-old’s commerce to the Dolphins. Mahomes mentioned how the entrance workplace stored him within the loop for all main adjustments, together with when Hill was in a position to pursue a commerce. Whereas anticipated, the 26-year-old quarterback was nonetheless stunned when a commerce was really finalized in March.

“It extra stunned me each time it received to the purpose the place we had been actually contemplating buying and selling him,” Mahomes stated “They stored me up to date your entire time; I knew the extension talks had been occurring. After which I knew when he received the permission to hunt to get traded. However I imply, nonetheless, I performed my complete profession with Tyreek, so positively, there was just a little little bit of shock when he received traded.

Tyreek Hill
The Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins.
AP
Patrick Mahomes
Mahomes claimed that he wasn’t shocked by Hill’s commerce.
AP

“On the similar time, they stored me concerned your entire course of, and I do know that we made an amazing effort to attempt to hold him in Kansas Metropolis. Tyreek, he’s such an amazing participant, he received what he deserved. I’m blissful for him. And he’s at a spot the place he has a house and he’s nearer to household and stuff. So I’m very blissful for him. We needed to transfer ahead.”

Now that the large receiver will probably be taking his abilities farther south, Mahomes has modified his focus to creating certain that the Chiefs are stacking up on high-quality receivers to exchange Hill with the now-open cap house.

“We needed to transfer on and attempt to get as a lot as we might for him and attempt to construct that receiving room once more,” Mahomes stated. “And do it to the place now we have the flexibility to go on the market and compete each single week, which I belief Brett Veach and Coach [Andy] Reid will do.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post