Ali Wentworth shares her favorite Hamptons escapes

Ali Wentworth and her information anchor husband George Stephanopoulos have saved a home within the Hamptons for 20 years: first in East Hampton, then Southampton, and now again to East — on the exact same road the place they used to reside.

“East Hampton is the place we go to for leisure, household time and decompression,” Wentworth, 57, tells Alexa. “I've been pregnant there, raised youngsters, celebrated birthdays, holidays and made nice mates. Most significantly, I discovered find out how to rake for clams there.”

Ali Wentworth with husband George Stephanopoulos.
Ali Wentworth and her husband George Stephanopoulos have known as the Hamptons house for twenty years.
Getty Pictures

It’s additionally the place the actor and author (who’s starred in every little thing from “In
Dwelling Colour” to the Pop collection “Nightcap,” which she additionally created) spent a lot of the early days of the pandemic, recovering from COVID-19 and penning her new guide, “Ali’s Properly That Ends Properly: Tales of Desperation and a Little Inspiration.”

“I wrote it as a journal of what it was like being in quarantine with my household and what our coping mechanisms have been,” she mentioned. “I hope individuals who learn it keep in mind the teachings they discovered through the extraordinarily unprecedented time of a world pandemic. And perhaps giggle somewhat — notably with the chapter about our obsession with the present ‘Love Island Australia.’”

Listed here are just a few of the comic’s favourite properties away from house within the Hamptons.


BookHampton

BookHampton “I can spend a whole rainy afternoon here, browsing art books and reading poetry. [Wentworth will appear for a reading of “Ali’s Well That Ends Well” here on July 15 at 5 p.m.] And any book they don’t carry, they will get for you.” 41 Main St., East Hampton

“I can spend an entire wet afternoon right here, shopping artwork books and studying poetry. [Wentworth will appear for a reading of “Ali’s Well That Ends Well” here on July 15 at 5 p.m.] And any guide they don’t carry, they may get for you.” 41 Predominant St., East Hampton


Carissa’s the Bakery

Custom layer cake with fresh seasonal flowers at Carissa's bakery.

“They take advantage of attractive desserts and pies — it’s nearly a tragedy to eat them as a result of they're actually artworks.” 68 Newtown Lane, East Hampton


Montauk Level Lighthouse

Montauk Point Lighthouse“Tourist or not, when in Montauk, you have to go see the lighthouse.” 2000 Montauk Highway, Montauk
" class="wp-image-22397519"/>
Getty Pictures

“Vacationer or not, when in Montauk, it's a must to go see the lighthouse.” 2000 Montauk Freeway, Montauk


Nellie’s of Amagansett

Nellie’s of Amagansett“I like to get friends gifts at Nellie’s, because it has antiques and unique baubles. I have given people the most beautiful bowls from here.” 230 Main St., East Hampton
" class="wp-image-22397154"/>

“I prefer to get mates items at Nellie’s, as a result of it has antiques and distinctive baubles. I've given individuals essentially the most lovely bowls from right here.” 230 Predominant St., East Hampton


Clam Bar

Clam Bar“Even though it’s right on the highway, I love this seafood restaurant. The steamers and lobster rolls are so worth it. Don’t forget french fries.” 2025 Montauk Highway, Amagansett
" class="wp-image-22397145"/>

“Although it’s proper on the freeway, I really like this seafood restaurant. The steamers and lobster rolls are so value it. Don’t neglect french fries.” 2025 Montauk Freeway, Amagansett


Henry Lehr Womens

Henry Lehr Womens“This is the place for me. I dress like a college student. My uniform: jeans, white button-down shirt and soft scarves.”
16 Newtown Lane, East Hampton
" class="wp-image-22397153"/>

“That is the place for me. I costume like a university pupil. My uniform: denims, white button-down shirt and mushy scarves.” 16 Newtown Lane, East Hampton


Stephen Talkhouse

Stephen Talkhouse “Here you will find the best live entertainment. Though I’m so old that loud music hurts my ears.” 161 Main St., Amagansett
Getty Pictures

“Right here you'll discover the most effective reside leisure. Although I’m so outdated that loud music hurts my ears.” 161 Predominant St., Amagansett


Nick & Toni’s

“A household favourite!” Now we have taken our ladies right here for years, even once they have been little. Our favourite time is winter by the pizza oven.” 136 N. Predominant St., East Hampton


Naturopathica Spa & Therapeutic Heart

Naturopathica Spa & Healing Center “When I need an escape, I go here for the best massages and facials. Then I spend way too much on all the creams and organic elixirs.” 74 Montauk Highway, East Hampton

“Once I want an escape, I am going right here for the most effective massages and facials. Then I spend method an excessive amount of on all of the lotions and natural elixirs.” 74 Montauk Freeway, East Hampton


Balsam Farms

Balsam Farms“Hands down, the best farm stand. I would drive 1,000 miles for their white corn.” 293 Town Lane, Amagansett
" class="wp-image-22397141"/>

“Fingers down, the most effective farm stand. I might drive 1,000 miles for his or her white corn.” 293 City Lane, Amagansett


The Golden Pear

The Golden Pear“My favorite breakfast spot is the beach, especially in the early morning. So we go here to get muffins, fruit salad and coffees, then picnic on the beach. Dogs and all!” 34 Newtown Lane, East Hampton
" class="wp-image-22397156"/>

“My favourite breakfast spot is the seaside, particularly within the early morning. So we go right here to get muffins, fruit salad and coffees, then picnic on the seaside. Canine and all!” 34 Newtown Lane, East Hampton

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post