Saints coach Dennis Allen reacts to Drew Brees’ return tweet

Ought to we rule out pickleball for Drew Brees, too?

Saints coach Dennis Allen was requested about Brees’ tweet from Sunday evening, which was responding to a report by The Publish’s Andrew Marchand that the quarterback was leaving NBC after one season.

“Regardless of hypothesis from media about my future this fall, I’m at the moment undecided,” Brees wrote. “I may go for NBC, I'll play soccer once more, I'll concentrate on enterprise and philanthropy, I'll practice for the pickleball tour, senior golf tour, coach my youngsters or all the above. I’ll let you already know.”

Allen thinks the 43-year-old Brees was kidding, and never significantly considering pulling a Tom Brady with a return to the sector.

“My spouse’s the one which advised me about it as a result of I don’t comply with social media. So I assumed, ‘That’s attention-grabbing, that’ll deliver up some questions,’” Allen, who changed Sean Payton this 12 months, advised reporters on Monday.

Drew Brees hinted at a possible NFL return
Drew Brees hinted at a attainable NFL return.
AP
Dennis Allen in his first season coaching the Saints.
Dennis Allen in his first season teaching the Saints.
AP

“I believe it was a remark made in jest and we definitely haven’t had any conversations in that regard.”

Brees went proper from the sector to NBC studio work final season, however Marchand reported NBC soured on Brees as a possible “Sunday Night time Soccer” alternative for analyst Cris Collinsworth.

The Saints introduced again Jameis Winston as their beginning quarterback, although he's recovering from a torn ACL. Veteran Andy Dalton was signed within the offseason to function Winston’s backup.

Not precisely overwhelming choices in case Brees was critical about return.

“I don’t actually need to reside in these hypothetical worlds proper now,” Allen mentioned. “We’ll see the place all of it goes. However definitely, he precipitated quite a lot of curiosity, that’s for positive.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post