Dolphins had a crazy offer ready for Sean Payton to become next head coach

It appears the Miami Dolphins deliberate to spare no expense of their pursuit of Sean Payton.

The previous New Orleans Saints coach, who was lengthy rumored to hitch the group this offseason, would have been supplied a $100 million deal over the course of 5 years, a league supply lately instructed Dave Hyde of the South Florida Solar-Sentinel, making Payton one of many highest-paid coaches within the NFL.

Along with Payton, 58, who left the Saints after the 2021 season, Tom Brady was additionally reported to be a part of the Dolphins’ future plans. The 44-year-old quarterback was anticipated to hitch the crew as a minority proprietor with the potential of enjoying.

The mentioned plans involving Payton and Brady unraveled in February, nevertheless, when former Dolphins coach Brian Flores filed a discrimination lawsuit towards the crew.

Sean Payton would have been offered a $100 million deal to become the Dolphins' next head coach, according to a new report.
Sean Payton would have been supplied a $100 million deal to develop into the Dolphins’ subsequent head coach, in keeping with a brand new report.
Getty Pictures

Each Payton and Brady have addressed stories involving the Dolphins, with the Tremendous Bowl-winning coach stating in April he was conscious “that there was a request put in the place the intermediaries talked, and I’m like the remainder of you. I heard that story.”

Brady, in the meantime, shed a bit of sunshine on the scenario final week on the conclusion of the Buccaneers’ minicamp, the place he’s making ready for his twenty third NFL season following a short retirement.

“I had a variety of conversations with lots of people, as I've for the final three or 4 years of my profession, about completely different alternatives once I’m executed enjoying soccer. I sort of decided of what I’d love to do. I’ll get to be within the recreation of soccer,” Brady mentioned.

Sean Payton and quarterback Tom Brady had been linked to the Dolphins throughout the offseason.
Sean Payton and quarterback Tom Brady had been linked to the Dolphins all through the offseason.
Getty Pictures

“I believe for me, a very powerful factor is the place I’m at now and what I can do for this crew. That’s been my dedication to this crew and group.”

As for Payton, he has since been linked to broadcasting alternatives.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post