Johnny Depp reacts to winning verdict in Amber Heard trial: ‘I’m truly humbled’

The Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial has lastly come to a detailed.

The verdict got here in on Wednesday afternoon in a Fairfax, Virginia, courtroom.

The jury awarded Depp $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages. Heard was awarded $2 million in compensatory damages and no punitive damages. Virginia regulation states that punitive damages should be capped at $350,000, which means Depp will really obtain a most whole of $10.35 million.

In a prolonged assertion to The Submit, Depp mentioned through a spokesperson: “Six years in the past, my life, the lifetime of my kids, the lives of these closest to me, and likewise, the lives of the individuals who for a lot of, a few years have supported and believed in me have been perpetually modified.”

“All within the blink of an eye fixed,” he continued.

“False, very critical and legal allegations have been levied at me through the media, which triggered an infinite barrage of hateful content material, though no costs have been ever introduced in opposition to me. It had already traveled all over the world twice inside a nanosecond and it had a seismic impression on my life and my profession.”

“And 6 years later, the jury gave me my life again. I'm really humbled.”

“My determination to pursue this case, understanding very properly the peak of the authorized hurdles that I might be going through and the inevitable, worldwide spectacle into my life, was solely made after appreciable thought.”

“From the very starting, the objective of bringing this case was to disclose the reality, whatever the consequence. Talking the reality was one thing that I owed to my kids and to all those that have remained steadfast of their assist of me. I really feel at peace understanding I've lastly completed that.”

“I'm, and have been, overwhelmed by the outpouring of affection and the colossal assist and kindness from all over the world. I hope that my quest to have the reality be advised can have helped others, males or girls, who've discovered themselves in my state of affairs, and that these supporting them by no means hand over. I additionally hope that the place will now return to harmless till confirmed responsible, each inside the courts and within the media.”

“I want to acknowledge the noble work of the Decide, the jurors, the courtroom workers and the Sheriffs who've sacrificed their very own time to get up to now, and to my diligent and unwavering authorized crew who did a unprecedented job in serving to me to share the reality.”

Depp concluded: “The very best is but to come back and a brand new chapter has lastly begun. Veritas numquam perit. Reality by no means perishes.”

Heard advised The Submit in an announcement concerning the adjudication that she is “dissatisfied with what this verdict means for different girls.”

“The frustration I really feel as we speak is past phrases. I’m heartbroken that the mountain of proof nonetheless was not sufficient to face as much as the disproportionate energy, affect, and sway of my ex-husband.”

“I’m unhappy I misplaced this case. However I'm sadder nonetheless that I appear to have misplaced a proper I believed I had as an American – to talk freely and brazenly,” Heard added.

Whereas the “Pirates of the Caribbean” actor was not bodily current within the room as the decision was learn — he has been staying in the UK as a result of work commitments — he was listening to the courtroom proceedings.

The seven-person jury achieved their determination on Wednesday morning, the third day of deliberations.

“Resulting from beforehand scheduled work commitments made earlier than the trial, Mr. Depp is not going to be bodily current for as we speak’s 3 p.m. verdict and will likely be watching from the UK,” a supply advised The Submit as we speak.

Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp gestures to the gallery within the courtroom as he leaves for the day on the Fairfax County Circuit Courthouse on Monday, Might 23, 2022.
AP

Heard was within the courtroom throughout the verdict. A rep for the “Aquaman” star advised The Submit earlier as we speak about her courtroom look, “Your presence exhibits the place your priorities are. Johnny Depp performs guitar within the UK whereas Amber Heard waits for a verdict in Virginia.”

Depp performed a shock live performance in England with Jeff Beck on Sunday. “Depp is taking his snickering and lack of seriousness on tour,” the rep added.

Heard has claimed all through the case that her profession and involvement within the upcoming “Aquaman and the Misplaced Kingdom” has been diminished as a result of trial.

Depp Heard Lawsuit
Heard testifies within the courtroom within the Fairfax County Circuit Courthouse on Thursday, Might 26, 2022.
AP

“I misplaced alternatives. I obtained dropped from jobs and campaigns. I fought to maintain my job and the most important film alternative I needed to date, ‘Justice League,’ with the choice to [star in] ‘Aquaman,’ ” she mentioned throughout considered one of her testimonies.

Heard and Depp have been married from 2015 to 2018.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post