Selena Gomez: I was ‘ashamed’ to pose naked on album cover

Selena Gomez revealed she was ashamed after posing bare for one among her album covers.

Throughout the Hollywood Reporter’s Comedy Actress Roundtable, Amy Schumer introduced up how the “Solely Murders within the Constructing” star was sexualized at a younger age.

“Somebody like Selena, who was sexualized at such a younger age, however you’ve simply rejected that and have actually discovered your personal type and your personal presence,” Schumer, 41, stated. “As a result of I do know they put you thru a system and make you're feeling like that is how you must do it.”

“It’s actually unfair,” the 29-year-old singer and actress responded. “I really did an album cowl and I used to be actually ashamed after I did it.”

Gomez is referencing her 2015 studio album, “Revival.”

“I needed to work by these emotions as a result of I noticed it was hooked up to one thing deeper that was happening,” she advised Schumer, who might be starring alongside Gomez in Season 2 of “Solely Murders within the Constructing.”

This CD cover image released by Interscope Records shows "Revival," the latest release by Selena Gomez.
The picture used as the quilt for Selena Gomez’s 2015 album “Revival.”
Interscope Information by way of AP

“It was a selection that I wasn’t essentially completely happy that I made, however I feel that I’ve accomplished my finest, at the least I attempt to be myself,” Gomez stated.

“I’m not an excessively sexual particular person,” she added. “Generally I wish to really feel attractive, however that doesn’t imply it’s for someone else. It may be for me.”

The “Lose You to Love Me” singer was additionally requested how her former Disney work components into her present profession choices. 

Selena Gomez attends the 2022 ABC Disney Upfront at Basketball City - Pier 36 - South Street on May 17, 2022 in New York City.
Selena Gomez attended 2022’s Disney Upfront in New York Metropolis.
Dia Dipasupil/Getty Photographs

Gomez defined that she began taking management of her life’s narrative as soon as she began getting older since she “didn’t actually have a selection” rising up.

“Now I perceive that there are particular boundaries that I must set for myself, and I respect and adore so many individuals, however I’ve acquired to do what’s finest for me,” she advised the Hollywood Reporter.

Season 2 of “Solely Murders within the Constructing,” starring Gomez, Martin Quick and Steve Martin, premieres on Hulu on June 28.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post