UFC broadcaster Laura Sanko responds to critics’ ‘scandalous’ claims

Laura Sanko is lashing out at critics who say she solely has her job at UFC due to her appears to be like.

Sanko, a reporter, host and analyst for UFC, appeared on Blockasset’s “BLOCK Social gathering” podcast earlier this week.

“There's a complete contingent of individuals on the market that suppose I obtained this job in some untoward and scandalous means,” Sanko mentioned, as documented by MMA Junkie. “I can guarantee you that’s not the way it occurred.”

The 39-year-old Sanko fought as an newbie from 2010-12, after which received knowledgeable battle at Invicta FC 4 in 2013. She started working in broadcasting, and ascended to the purpose the place final 12 months she was a coloration commentator for Dana White’s Contender Sequence.

“It’s a bizarre factor as a result of on one hand, folks shall be like, ‘She solely has this job as a result of she appears to be like a sure means.’ After which the subsequent remark shall be, ‘Oh, she appears to be like a sure means, so there’s no means she might presumably have something clever to say,’” Sanko mentioned on the podcast. “Like something, I’m studying to cope with it as a result of it’s actually one thing that’s ramped up extra because the UFC has began to place me in these positions to have opinions.

UFC broadcaster Laura Sanko opened up about her critics.
UFC broadcaster Laura Sanko opened up about her critics.
Getty Photographs
Laura Sanko interviews Dana White in 2021.
Laura Sanko interviews UFC president Dana White in 2021.
Zuffa LLC through Getty Photographs

“Nevertheless it helps that the individuals who sit subsequent to me – the Anthony Smiths of the world, the Rashad Evans’s of the world, the Michael Bispings, the Paul Felders, the Daniel Cormiers – that I feel folks can sense they've a certain quantity of respect for me and due to this fact the followers ought to, as nicely. I actually owe so much to my male co-workers who're making a spot for me on the desk.”

She spoke about being known as a “path blazer.”

“Each time somebody says that phrase to me, it makes me wish to tear up truthfully,” Sanko mentioned. “However then it additionally makes me … I don’t but really feel worthy of that. I wish to be worthy of that. I do wish to be that. I suppose if I actually sit again and undergo my DMs, sooner or later I’m going to must admit that there's a component of that. It’s simply exhausting for me to make use of that phrase for myself.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post