Claire Hogle’s ‘kind of crazy’ rise in the golf influencer world

Claire Hogle’s breakthrough into the golf-influencing panorama had a “sort of loopy” starting.

A San Diego native, Hogle grew up in a “golfing household” and fell in love with the game earlier than beginning highschool. From there, she took her sport to the collegiate stage at California State College San Marcos, the place she performed for two-and-a-half “unbelievable” years. However between the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and a shoulder harm, Hogle turned her consideration to content material creation.

“I had a small golf following simply from doing a bit of little bit of YouTube stuff in school, I had perhaps 20,000 followers, and I knew I may do one thing with it,” Hogle just lately informed The Publish. “In school, COVID occurred and I bought an harm in order that route was type of fading away, and I made a decision I used to be going to present golf influencing a attempt.

Claire Hogle is a former college athlete turned social media sensation.
Claire Hogle is a former school athlete turned social media sensation.
Instagram/Claire Hogle
Claire Hogle hails from San Diego and grew up in a "golfing family."
Claire Hogle hails from San Diego and grew up in a “golfing household.”
Instagram/Claire Hogle

“I wasn’t positive what would occur if it will work properly or not, and so I simply began posting some golf stuff and folks actually appeared to love it. It’s been tremendous enjoyable and it’s nice to see my onerous work paying off.”

Since becoming a member of YouTube in Jan. 2015, Hogle has amassed greater than 4.6 million views on her channel, the place she incessantly shares tutorial movies along with her 63,000 subscribers. Elsewhere on Instagram, Hogle — who has even drawn comparisons to the “OG Insta golf lady,” Paige Spiranac — reached a serious milestone in June, surpassing 500,000 followers.

When it comes to deciding what golf content material to submit, Hogle doesn’t abide by a selected technique and as an alternative seems to see what her followers are having fun with.

Claire Hogle has amassed more than 4.5 million views on her YouTube channel.
Claire Hogle has amassed greater than 4.6 million views on her YouTube channel.
Instagram/Claire Hogle
In June, Claire Hogle surpassed 500,000 followers on Instagram.
In June, Claire Hogle surpassed 500,000 followers on Instagram.
Instagram/Claire Hogle

“I sort of simply play it by ear, I wish to see what persons are liking, see what individuals get pleasure from what I submit and what not, after which I’ll sort of simply go from there,” she stated. “I don’t have something extremely deliberate out or structured, I sort of simply go to the golf course and get content material and the very best of the very best will make it to the web page.”

Waiting for the long run, Hogle has thought of what a possible return to the aggressive facet of the game may appear like.

“All all through highschool and school my purpose was to play professional golf… I bought a shoulder harm so it sort of compelled me to vary course,” she stated. “I’ve undoubtedly thought of contemplating enjoying professionally and even simply getting again into aggressive golf, whether or not it’s novice golf or something. I actually, actually fell in love with golf due to the aggressive facet of it, so, it will be tremendous enjoyable to get again into that and see how I may form my sport up and see what I can do in that space. We’ll simply need to see.”

Within the meantime, Hogle needs to proceed to “create significant content material,” and discover methods to pay it ahead.

Though Claire Hogle changed course due to a shoulder injury, she has thought about what it could look like to play golf at a competitive level in the future.
Although Claire Hogle modified course resulting from a shoulder harm, she has thought of what it may appear like to play golf at a aggressive stage sooner or later.
Instagram/Claire Hogle
On her YouTube channel, Claire Hogle posts instructional videos for her subscribers.
On her YouTube channel, Claire Hogle posts tutorial movies for her subscribers.
Instagram/Claire Hogle

“Golf has given me a lot, so I undoubtedly wish to discover some solution to give again to the sport, to people who wish to take up the sport, so undoubtedly some junior golf endeavors there,” she stated. “However actually, something that basically touches my coronary heart, any endeavor that I actually, actually care about. It’ll be unbelievable to make use of my platform and assist make a distinction in that means.”

As her star continues to rise within the influencer house, Hogle is grateful for the suggestions she’s acquired from followers and the way a few of her content material has impressed them to take up the sport.

“I get some messages and feedback [from followers and subscribers] that may inform me that I’m the explanation that they began enjoying, particularly on my YouTube,” she stated. “I’ve been doing a little tutorial content material and getting feedback that persons are actually having fun with the content material, that they’re going to go attempt it out on the vary or that they tried it and that it’s helped their sport a lot, that’s actually rewarding.

“And seeing girls take up the sport, that’s tremendous enjoyable for me too, as a result of once I took up the sport there weren’t very many different ladies so, it’s cool to sort of construct that group.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post