Bryce Dallas Howard paid ‘so much less’ than ‘Jurassic World’ co-star Chris Pratt

“Jurassic World” star Bryce Dallas Howard has revealed she was paid “a lot much less” than her co-star Chris Pratt — even lower than initially reported. 

In 2018, Selection reported that that Howard, 41, was making $2 million lower than Pratt, 43, for “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” — making $8 million to Pratt’s $10 million.

However the actress opened up in regards to the gender pay hole in an interview with Insider, clarifying that the disparity was bigger than reported.

“The reviews have been so attention-grabbing as a result of I used to be paid a lot lower than the reviews even stated, a lot much less,” Howard stated.

“Once I began negotiating for ‘Jurassic,’ it was 2014, and it was a special world, and I used to be at a fantastic drawback. And, sadly, you could have to join three films, and so your offers are set,” she continued.

Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Bryce Dallas Howard, Chris Pratt, Isabella Sermon, DeWanda Wise
Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Bryce Dallas Howard, Chris Pratt, Isabella Sermon and DeWanda Sensible in “Jurassic World: Dominion.”
John Wilson / © Common Photos / courtesy Everett Assortment

Whereas Howard didn't disclose how a lot the pay hole was, she shared that she mentioned the state of affairs with Pratt, who helped pushed for equal pay on different franchise properties that didn't have contracts set in stone, together with video video games and theme park rides. 

“What I'll say is that Chris and I've mentioned it, and every time there was a possibility to maneuver the needle on stuff that hadn’t been already negotiated, like a sport or a journey, he actually informed me: ‘You guys don’t even need to do something. I’m gonna do all of the negotiating. We’re gonna be paid the identical, and also you don’t have to consider this, Bryce,’” Howard stated.

Bryce Dallas Howard, Chris Pratt
Bryce Dallas Howard revealed she was paid “a lot much less” than co-star Chris Pratt.
PAPIXS/INSTARimages.com
Cast member Bryce Dallas Howard attends a premiere for the film "Jurassic World: Dominion" in Los Angeles, California, U.S., June 6, 2022.
Bryce Dallas Howard attends a premiere for the movie “Jurassic World: Dominion” in Los Angeles on June 6, 2022.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/File Picture

“And I like him a lot for doing that. I actually do, as a result of I’ve been paid extra for these sorts of issues than I ever was for the film,” she added.

Howard and Pratt have co-starred within the three “Jurassic World” movies, which have been launched in 2015, 2018 and the newest, “Jurassic World: Dominion,” in June 2022, respectively.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post