New Yankee Harrison Bader eyeing September return

Harrison Bader has been annoyed over not be capable to play but for the Yankees, totally understanding the oddity of being traded to a contending staff whereas rehabbing from a foot harm.

The Gold Glove-winning heart fielder, who was acquired in a stunning trade-deadline deal from the Cardinals for pitcher Jordan Montgomery, is hoping to be prepared by early September after he recovers a bout with plantar fasciitis.

“It’s very troublesome. It’s positively been a problem,” Bader mentioned earlier than the Yankees’ 3-1 loss to the Rays on Tuesday night time in The Bronx. ”You realize, strolling in right here in a boot, I’m certain everyone was like, ‘We simply traded for this man in a boot? Are you severe?’

Harrison Bader
Harrison Bader
Getty Photographs

“However pay attention, there’s all the time a better perspective concerned and I feel I’m positively right here for a motive. I’m simply targeted on getting wholesome so I might be efficient for this staff. That’s all the time the plan. … It will likely be value it, as a result of there will likely be a time when I can put these pinstripes on and do what I do. I’m excited for that.”

The 28-year-old Bronxville native hasn’t performed since June 26, when he was with the Cardinals, however has progressed to “Section 2” of his restoration, in line with Yankees supervisor Aaron Boone. That entails understanding in a pool and an anti-gravity treadmill.

As soon as wholesome, the 2021 Gold Glove winner seemingly will take enjoying time from slumping Aaron Hicks in heart area, permitting Aaron Decide to man proper.

“I positively really feel like I’ll be right here the primary week or so of September, however once more, I don’t wish to get forward of myself,” Bader mentioned. “These guys [on the medical team] are super-talented they usually’ve taken lots of time to construct an ideal program for me. I’m simply following what they’ve acquired for me each single day.

“I don’t actually really feel it in any respect proper now, and lots of that has to do with the development that I’m in.”

Requested what he believes he'll add to the Yankees down the stretch, Bader mentioned: “I don’t even wish to discuss it with out having an opportunity to show it. Saying all these items with out being able to show it for nonetheless a variety of weeks, there’s no level. I do know what I can add to it, once I’m wholesome and simply going on the market and doing it with out speaking about it's actually what I’m targeted on.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post