Nick Saban is college football’s highest paid coach again with extension

Nick Saban is price a complete lot of inexperienced to the Crimson Tide.

Alabama accredited a one-year extension and a increase for the 70-year-old coach that may hold him at Alabama by 2029 at a price of $11.7 million per season.

The brand new wage comes after Georgia made Kirby Good the highest-paid coach in faculty soccer in July with a contact that pays him $11.2 million per season over 10 years.

Although Georgia beat Alabama in final season’s nationwide championship recreation, Saban has constructed the Tide right into a powerhouse, with Alabama having made seven of the final eight Faculty Soccer Playoff Nationwide Championship video games. Saban has gained seven nationwide championships in all (2003, ’09, ’11, ’12, ’15, ’17, ’20), together with six with Alabama starting in 2009. He additionally has 10 SEC titles on his resume.

“Our household may be very glad to conform to a contract extension with the College of Alabama,” Saban stated in an announcement. “Terry [Saban’s wife] and I are very appreciative of the unequalled dedication the college has proven to this soccer program and our household over the past 15-plus years. That is our house, and we stay up for ending our profession at Alabama.”

The coach additionally has a bevy of bonuses he can take house with much more success: $75,000 for showing within the SEC championship recreation or $125,000 for successful it; $200,000 for showing in a New Yr’s Six bowl recreation; $400,000 for showing in a nationwide championship semifinal recreation; $600,000 for showing in a nationwide championship recreation or $800,000 for successful it.

Head coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide and Bryce Young #9 of the Alabama Crimson Tide
Nick Saban is faculty soccer’s highest-paid coach after a increase and contract extension from Alabama.
Getty Photographs

Saban can be set as much as keep among the many highest paid collegiate coaches with a contractual provision that agrees to pay him the upper common of the highest three highest-paid coaches within the SEC or the 5 highest-paid coaches nationally.

It’s a listing Alabama trustees should be expecting a while, as Saban doesn’t appear to have any retirement plans coming quickly.

“I really like my job. I adore it,” Saban instructed the SEC Community. “I really like the relationships with the gamers, I really like the competitors, the preparation for the video games. I simply adore it. I want you all would ask all the opposite coaches who come up right here — as a result of they inform the recruits I’m going to retire — ask them how they know I’m going to retire when all I take into consideration is what am I going to do if I retire, as a result of I really like what I’m doing now. So how am I going to be glad not teaching?”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post