Paul Finebaum blasts Chris Russo to Stephen A. Smith: ‘I don’t like that guy on my screen’

ESPN persona Paul Finebaum was thrilled to have Stephen A. Smith again on “First Take” after a prolonged absence – although, the explanations had much less to do with Smith and extra to do with considered one of his replacements.

Smith returned to this system this week after lacking the present for 2 months following shoulder surgical procedure, and whereas Finebaum debated him about Nick Saban, he instantly launched right into a rant towards Chris “Mad Canine” Russo, who crammed in for Smith various instances throughout his absence.

“See, I don’t need to insult individuals who have been right here in his absence, like Chris ‘Mad Canine’ Russo,” Finebaum stated. “But when I noticed Chris ‘Mad Canine’ Russo another time on my display screen, I used to be going to go loopy. I don’t like that man on my display screen. I would like Stephen A. Smith on this present on daily basis.”

Smith defended Russo’s honor – to some extent.

“Effectively, I like ‘Mad Canine’ Russo, so I’m not going to be as harsh about him as you,” Smith responded. “However I'll say this about Christopher ‘Mad Canine’ Russo. I like you, bro. However he’s not Stephen A.”

Whereas some appreciated Russo’s brash debate fashion, he additionally clashed with different company occasionally. He received right into a heated argument with ex-NFLer Ryan Clark, who instructed the radio veteran to “cease screaming at me” and “decrease your voice” throughout a debate about Cooper Kupp.

Chris "Mad Dog" Russo
Chris “Mad Canine” Russo
Getty Pictures for SiriusXM,

One other ex-NFL participant, Domonique Foxworth, sharply instructed Russo he’s “not no rattling Kevin Durant,” when he in contrast their contract conditions.

“You might have a certain quantity of worth … your worth will not be that. You aren't LeBron James,” Foxworth stated.

Russo, who has spent over three a long time in sports activities radio, rose in notoriety whereas internet hosting “Mike and the Mad Canine” with Mike Francesa on WFAN from 1989 to 2008. Since then, he has began his personal “Mad Canine Radio” community on SiriusXM and hosts the present, “Excessive Warmth,” on MLB Community.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post