Sydney Sweeney still asks herself ‘Is this real?’ despite money woes

It seems Sydney Sweeney has determined to refocus on being grateful for all of her youthful, newfound success.

Lower than a month after stirring the popular culture pot by whining about how “they don’t pay actors like they used to” — the rising star of HBO’s “The White Lotus” and “Euphoria” has modified her tune.

Regardless of her Emmy nomination, starring roles in upcoming films and her first $3 million mansion, the infamously voluptuous blonde lately brought on fairly a stir by claiming she doesn’t have the funds for in financial institution.

Now, nonetheless, the Washington-born actress seems to acknowledge that she has loads of choices.

“With the ability to be within the place that I'm now, the place I can say no, is terrifying. I get so scared. I don’t like saying no,” Sweeney, 24, advised IndieWire in a brand new interview revealed Wednesday. “I truly write letters to individuals saying ‘I’m so sorry I’m saying no,’ as a result of I don’t like being that particular person. [I want] to ensure I’m selecting characters that can shock the viewers.”

Sweeney additionally advised the outlet, “I’m nonetheless within the ‘Is that this occurring? Is that this actual?’ part,” noting how her identify is now up within the award-worthy ranks with icons akin to Patricia Arquette and Christina Ricci.

However she nonetheless will get blinded by stars regardless of her personal fame. “I’m continuously nonetheless starstruck and may’t consider this life is actual as a result of for years and years and years, I dreamt and labored so onerous within the hopes of having the ability to simply have one line in a scene with anyone like that,” Sweeney mentioned.

2022 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Radhika Jones - Arrivals
“I’m nonetheless within the ‘Is that this occurring? Is that this actual?’ part,” she mentioned about her rising fame.
FilmMagic

The “Handmaid’s Story” alum then defined how she has slightly little bit of freedom to choose and select her subsequent tasks extra correctly: “I all the time search for tasks that the character excites me, the character challenges me, the story excites me, and naturally, the filmmaker.”

The younger starlet has solid skilled relationships with the execs at HBO and that has allowed her to seem on “Euphoria” and “The White Lotus” on the similar time.

“I've been very, very lucky and grateful for the alternatives of working with such gifted filmmakers, and it does change the result and the reception of a mission,” she mentioned.

The educated MMA fighter satisfied her dad and mom to let her transfer to Hollywood when she was 14 years outdated after she made a Powerpoint presentation to steer them.

Sweeney scored visitor spots and bit elements on dramas akin to “Gray’s Anatomy,” “Fairly Little Liars” and “90210.”

“For 10 years there, I'd take something that I couldn’t get my fingers on — as a result of I simply was so hungry to work.”

Her newfound constructive streak is a far cry from ontroversial feedback she made final month. “If I wished to take a six-month break, I don’t have revenue to cowl that,” she advised the Hollywood Reporter. “I don’t have somebody supporting me, I don’t have anybody I can flip to, to pay my payments or name for assist.”

She additionally famous that she clearly isn’t broke — whats up, Miu MiuLaneige and Armani magnificence marketing campaign offers — however she doesn’t revenue as a lot from her day job as individuals might imagine.

“They don’t pay actors like they used to, and with streamers, you not get residuals,” Sweeney defined. “The established stars nonetheless receives a commission, however I've to present 5% to my lawyer, 10% to my brokers, 3% or one thing like that to my enterprise supervisor.

“I've to pay my publicist each month, and that’s greater than my mortgage,” Sweeney continued. “If I simply acted, I wouldn’t be capable of afford my life in LA. I take offers as a result of I've to.”

Sydney Sweeney
Sweeney stars as Cassie Howard in HBO’s teen drama “Euphoria.”
Instagram

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post