Bills’ Dawson Knox speaks for first time since brother’s sudden death

Dawson Knox is aware of his brother remains to be trying over him.

The Payments tight finish spoke publicly for the primary time on Monday since his brother, Luke, died all of the sudden on Aug. 18.

“I do know he’s going to be watching, in some way a way,” Knox instructed reporters. “It’s actually mind-blowing, simply the scale, the quantity of assist I’ve had. The sheer variety of texts and messages, even simply the greenback quantity of donations which were made in my brother’s title to the P.U.N.T. Basis [a philanthropic organization Knox supports]. It’s greater than I might have anticipated, however on the similar time it’s weirdly not shocking as a result of that is such an unimaginable metropolis with such an unimaginable fanbase and folks.”

A linebacker at Florida Worldwide, Luke Knox was 22 years outdated. There has not been a explanation for demise given but, though the college beforehand stated police didn't suspect foul play.

Luke Knox performed in 23 video games at Mississippi, his brother’s alma mater, earlier than becoming a member of Florida Worldwide.

Dawson Knox
Dawson Knox is coming into his fourth season with the Payments.
Getty Photographs

“I simply wish to thank all people for being so respectful…,” Dawson Knox stated. “It means the world to me. I like all of the folks in Buffalo. Hopefully, I’ll be right here for a very long time.”

Someday prior, the 25-year-old posted a touching tribute to his brother on Instagram.

“There’s no phrases to explain these previous few weeks,” he captioned a childhood image of him and his brother. “All I do know is that I'm past grateful for the outpouring of affection and assist for my household. Luke isn't misplaced, as a result of we all know precisely the place he's. God’s acquired him, and I do know I’ll be seeing him once more sooner or later. Luke’s legacy will proceed [to] stay on by way of all of the lives he’s impacted in unimaginable methods. This isn’t a goodbye, it’s only a goodbye. I like you Luke.”

Coming into his fourth season since being drafted within the third spherical, Dawson Knox has recorded 101 receptions for 1,263 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns in his NFL profession.

Taking part in on the final 12 months of his rookie deal, he'll develop into an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post