Chris Cuomo says he drinks ‘too much,’ but he’s not an alcoholic

Disgraced CNN anchor Chris Cuomo revealed that he drinks “an excessive amount of” however insisted he’s not “an alcoholic” throughout a frank dialogue about psychological well being on an episode of his podcast Thursday.

Cuomo, who begins a brand new gig at NewsNation on Oct. 3 after he was fired by CNN final yr, admitted that he usually turns to alcohol as a coping mechanism.

“Too usually, I believe, we keep away from coping with issues. So right here’s a bit of little bit of my story. I take my physique and — my weight loss program can suck. I drink an excessive amount of,” Cuomo stated. “I’m fascinated about that, principally when it comes to why I drink an excessive amount of. I’m in all probability what individuals within the sobriety neighborhood would name a ‘normie’ however a tough drinker.”

“I drink usually and I positively suppose it’s not at all times for the precise motive,” Cuomo continued. “I believe it’s to settle my thoughts. I believe it’s to take care of feelings.”

“I’m not saying I’m an alcoholic,” Cuomo added. “I don’t consider in abusing these phrases, but it surely’s one thing I’ve had to consider, and it’s one thing that I'm fascinated about and it’s one thing that I’m coping with as a result of my psychological well being has turn out to be an growing facet of my self-concern about how I could be my finest. I actually consider that, , the place your head is, is the place your life goes.”

Chris Cuomo
Chris Cuomo was CNN’s top-rated primetime anchor earlier than his dismissal.
AP

The anchor stated he mentioned his private expertise as a result of he wished to “de-stigmatize” the subject.

Cuomo was canned following revelations that he had secretly assisted in crafting the PR response for his brother, disgraced ex-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, as he confronted a number of allegations of sexual misconduct.

The anchor was CNN’s top-rated primetime host previous to his firing. He's presently embroiled in a heated authorized battle with the cable community and has demanded $125 million in damages — alleging his previous firm “has a long-established sample and observe of selectively imposing its insurance policies primarily based on cynical calculations of public notion.”

CNN declined to remark after the lawsuit was filed.

The TV persona, who's married with three youngsters, revealed his plan to affix NewsNation throughout an look on the upstart community in July. He'll anchor the 8 p.m. time slot.

“I’m going to come back to NewsNation and I wish to construct one thing particular right here,” Cuomo stated on the time.

As The Submit reported final month, Cuomo’s arrival has ruffled many feathers at NewsNation — with offended staffers lamenting the truth that they're being requested to advertise his new present.

In the meantime, Cuomo’s podcast, “The Chris Cuomo Venture,” has plummeted within the rankings since its debut in July.

Mediaite was first to report on Cuomo’s remarks.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post