Cindy Adams dishes on fashion, busy day with Gov. Kathy Hochul

In style, just like the gov

Filling Park Avenue’s complete Armory, the Coach style present jammed site visitors to Riverdale. By way of a rear door and from behind a truck’s “Avid Waste System” signal got here Gov. Hochul — cool, smiling, in black, crimson Coach bag, matching heels, no stockings. I used to be her Plus One.

Coach exec: “New York is coming again.” Hochul: “New York’s the middle of style” then, “Meet my sister Sheila.” Kathy’s a handsome brunette. Sheila’s a surprising blond. “One in every of us takes after our mother, the opposite our father.” (Or hairdresser.)

The Gov: “I already began early. Working to counteract anti-Semitism, I started this morning on the Jerusalem Submit. Then to a Nationwide City League assembly for a challenge in Harlem.” It was 2 p.m. “I study matters shortly. I wish to study, impart data. I can soak up quite a bit on a 20-minute journey.”

Me when involved about her heels strolling up steep steps, she stated: “As soon as within the Adirondacks I attempted snowboarding. By no means did it earlier than. I fell down onerous and broke my ribs and leg. I’m OK. I can robust it out.”

To cite a buddy from Killarney: “Nothing beats a troublesome Irish broad.”


Spielberg’s household planning

Steven Spielberg’s “The Fabelmans,” loosely based mostly on his personal life, is grabbing raves. Paul Dano performs his dad. Michelle Williams his mother.

Spielberg: “I put items of my private life into all the things I’ve executed. Every little thing I direct. However I’ve by no means advised one as shut as this to my very own experiences. This was my centered intentional coming-of-age story.

Steven Spielberg's new movie “The Fabelmans” is loosely based on his life.
Steven Spielberg’s new film “The Fabelmans” is loosely based mostly on his life.
Picture by Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Photographs

“Solely names have been modified to guard the harmless. Nothing harder than casting your individual household. Michelle represented my very own experiences with my mother.”

It opens Thanksgiving. Additionally stars Seth Rogen and Judd Hirsch.


Veep no VIP

Kamala — first lady, first minority VP — what if she goes for president. Reply from a tableful of Dem professionals: “No worries. We’ll put her in a debate. She’ll get 3%.”


Always remember

Nov. 2001. Elements of Putin’s ABC-TV sit-down with Barbara Walters about 9/11:

“Blended emotions of guilt for this tragedy. In ’99 we have been victims of a terrorist assault and explosion of buildings in Moscow. A whole bunch of harmless folks died . . . There was realization that Russia needs to be a strategic ally of your complete civilized neighborhood together with actually the USA . . . If we need to be protected, we needs to be collectively.

“Sept. 11 opened our eyes to that.”


We feud with neighbors, argue with workers, dislike our landlord, trash our legislators, disagree with minorities, yell at household and parade for peace.

Not solely in New York, children, not solely in New York.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post