Donovan Mitchell: I was ‘very close’ to getting traded to Knicks

Like everybody else, Donovan Mitchell thought he was going to be a Knick

In truth, in line with Mitchell, the Knicks and Jazz almost had a deal. 

“Very shut,” the three-time All-Star stated with a smile on ESPN’s “NBA In the present day” on Wednesday. “I received’t say greater than that, however I do know somewhat greater than most. Positively somewhat shut.” 

The 2 sides finally couldn't agree on a commerce, and the 26-year-old ended up getting dealt to the Cavaliers

“I believed for positive I used to be going again residence, I’m not gonna lie about that,” Mitchell instructed reporters on Wednesday in his introductory Cavs press convention. “Who doesn’t wish to be residence subsequent to their mother?” 

Mitchell grew up in Westchester County and his father, Donovan Mitchell Sr., works for the Mets. Moderately than the Knicks, although, Mitchell ended up getting despatched to Cleveland by the Jazz in a blockbuster commerce that despatched Collin Sexton, Lauri Markkanen, Ochai Agbaji, three first-round picks, and two choose swaps to Utah. He appeared thrilled about his new residence, even when it isn't in his hometown. 

Donovan Mitchell (c.) with Cavaliers president Koby Altman (l.) and head coach J.B. Bickerstaff (r.) during a press conference on Sept. 14, 2022.
Donovan Mitchell (c.) with Cavaliers president Koby Altman (l.) and head coach J.B. Bickerstaff (r.) throughout a press convention on Sept. 14, 2022.
AP

“As soon as I came upon I received traded and what I used to be going into, that trumped every little thing for me,” he stated. “I’m really excited to be right here and be a part of this group and be part of this metropolis. … To be right here, I’m really excited.” 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post