Edwin Jackson retires after 17 seasons, record 14 MLB teams

Edwin Jackson says 14 groups can be it.

The well-traveled pitcher, who spent 17 seasons within the majors, introduced his retirement on Instagram on Friday — his thirty ninth birthday and the nineteenth anniversary of his massive league debut.

Jackson performed for a document 14 golf equipment, most lately in 2019 with the Toronto Blue Jays and Detroit Tigers.

Edwin Jackson
Edwin Jackson
AP

“At this time I'm fortunately hanging up my cleats,” he mentioned in his social media submit. “I’m tremendous grateful to have had 14 completely different organizations enable me the chance to symbolize them.”

Jackson went 107-133 with a 4.78 ERA in 412 video games with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Tampa Bay Rays, Tigers, Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago White Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Nationals, Chicago Cubs, Atlanta Braves, Miami Marlins, San Diego Padres, Baltimore Orioles, Oakland Athletics and Blue Jays.

When he was with the Diamondbacks, he tossed a no-hitter at Tampa Bay in 2010. The proper-hander walked eight batters and threw a whopping 149 pitches in that sport.

Jackson was an All-Star with Detroit in 2009 and pitched for the World Sequence champion Cardinals in 2011.

He turned the primary participant in main league historical past to play for 14 groups when he made his Blue Jays debut and pitched 5 innings and not using a resolution in a 4-3 loss to the San Francisco Giants on Could 15, 2019.

Jackson had been tied with right-hander Octavio Dotel (1999-2013) for many groups at 13.

“It says I've numerous perseverance,” Jackson mentioned then. “I’m not one to provide in. I really feel like out of these 14 groups, a few of these groups have had conditions that might most likely make folks wish to go dwelling and stop and cry. For me, the harder it will get the more durable I work and the more durable I come to show myself that I can come get outs within the main leagues.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post