Jessica Pegula sips can of Heineken after US Open loss

She gained’t win the US Open this yr however maybe American tennis star Jessica Pegula can get an endorsement.

The No. 8 seeded American misplaced in straight units to top-seeded Iga Swiatek in Wednesday’s quarterfinal match and took some sips from a can of Heineken through the postmatch press convention.

D’Arcy Maine of ESPN.com famous the drink, saying, “Hello, Jessica, sorry concerning the loss,” earlier than including “I just like the Heineken.”

“Thanks,” Pegula mentioned. “I’m attempting to pee for doping — though it does assist ease the loss.”

Pegula spoke of the frustration of one other Grand Slam match run ending within the quarterfinal.

“I shuttle,” she mentioned. “I’m like, ‘Oh, I must be constructive.’ However on the identical time, I’m like, ‘F–ok,’ three quarterfinals, sorry, but it surely simply sucks. It sucks. I want I may’ve carried out it right here at my dwelling slam however I suppose not.”

Pegula could have time to drink extra Heinekens and watch the Payments, owned by her father Terry, open the NFL season Thursday night time in opposition to the defending Tremendous Bowl champion Rams.

Jessica PEgula
Jessica Pegula, of the USA, serves to Iga Swiatek, of Poland, through the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open tennis championships, Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022, in New York.
AP

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post