Josh Allen’s girlfriend: QB ‘ghosted me for a year’ after awkward first date

Payments quarterback Josh Allen and his longtime girlfriend, Brittany Williams, went by means of a rollercoaster of feelings collectively lengthy earlier than they started courting in 2017.

The couple’s love story — which started once they had been 8-year-old household mates rising up in Fresno, Calif. — contains an early introduction courtesy of eventual Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum and Allen ghosting Williams.

Throughout an look on Kelly Stafford’s “The Morning After” podcast, Williams recalled the couple’s “massive first second” that they bear in mind about one another.

“In Fresno, there’s this baseball crew, the Fresno Grizzlies (Giants minor-league affiliate)… and so, we particularly bear in mind as 8-year-olds, it was [Allen’s] brother’s birthday,” Williams mentioned. “They rented out the pool space, there’s like a pool within the outfield, and we vividly bear in mind it taking place, a ball came to visit into the pool space. Josh likes to say it’s a house run. I feel it was a foul ball or one thing.

“I feel it was Tim Lincecum, I feel he was nonetheless taking part in for that crew, and he obtained the ball and it was this massive ordeal, and he got here and gave me the ball… And I simply bear in mind being so embarrassed like ‘oh my gosh, cooties’ … that was like our massive, first second we bear in mind about one another.”

Bills quarterback Josh Allen and his girlfriend Brittany Williams at the end of the 2021-22 NFL season.
Payments quarterback Josh Allen and his girlfriend Brittany Williams on the finish of the 2021-22 NFL season.
Instagram/Brittany Williams
Brittany Williams explained her relationship history with Josh Allen.
Brittany Williams defined her relationship historical past with Josh Allen.
Brittany Willams/Instagram

After their pool encounter, Williams mentioned she didn’t see Allen till they had been youngsters, round 16 or 17 years previous, regardless that their mothers nonetheless stored in contact although the years.

Once they had been seniors in highschool, Williams requested Allen to be her date to her college’s Sadie Hawkins dance — and a collection of occasions that night time led to Allen ghosting her for a complete yr. He would later remorse that call.

“I requested him to return to Sadie’s at my college, which is the massive college to him and he was nervous,” Williams mentioned. “And my mates had been loopy, we had been taking a celebration bus… [Allen] had by no means been on a celebration bus and was simply so overwhelmed with every part. And the boys at my college had been imply to him…

“After that, trustworthy to God, I don’t suppose we talked for a yr after that night time… He was simply so shy, and I wasn’t on the time. He ghosted me for like a yr, however on the identical time, I used to be like ‘OK, I get it, issues are simply not in our timing proper now,’ I knew it wasn’t meant to be on the time however I at all times knew behind my head it’s not over.”

Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen and his girlfriend Brittany Williams share a kiss after a Bills game.
Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen and his girlfriend Brittany Williams share a kiss after a Payments sport.
Instagram/Brittany Williams
Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen and his girlfriend Brittany Williams at a Bills game.
Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen and his girlfriend Brittany Williams at a Payments sport.
Instagram/Brittany Williams

Williams and Allen finally reunited once they had been freshman in faculty. She lived at house whereas attending Fresno State, the place she was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. In the meantime, Allen attended Reedley School, about 29 miles from Fresno State.

“So, quick ahead a yr, we’re now freshmen in faculty… At this level, I had no contact with him. I used to be at Fresno State, so I stayed house for faculty. And I used to be courting one other man on the time. I particularly bear in mind [Allen] reaching out to me an entire yr later and simply randomly texting me, saying, ‘I tousled.’ And I’m like, ‘Dude, you haven’t talked to me in a yr.’ However on the identical time, I appreciated it,” Williams mentioned.

“It will get worse for this man [her then-boyfriend]. So, [Allen] sends me that textual content and the subsequent night time, my brother’s having his commencement celebration and my mother and father invited the Allens and so they got here. I actually didn’t know if Josh would come or not… He confirmed as much as the celebration, and when he confirmed up he’s like, ‘I had been texting you for a month and also you’ve not responded.’ … And I feel I used to be blocked on his cellphone or one thing,” she mentioned. “He exhibits up on the celebration and my poor boyfriend on the time is there, he didn’t stand an opportunity. The second Josh walked in, I used to be like, yeah, it’s over for this man.”

Josh Allen of the Bills on the move during the 4th quarter of the AFC Divisional Playoff game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on January 23, 2022 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Josh Allen of the Payments on the transfer through the 4th quarter of the AFC Divisional Playoff sport towards the Kansas Metropolis Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on January 23, 2022 in Kansas Metropolis, Missouri.
Getty Photos

Williams mentioned she and Allen have “been in a position to develop” inside their relationship after transferring in collectively in 2018.

Williams will seemingly be current in Los Angeles on Thursday when Allen and the Payments go to the Rams to open the 2022 NFL season.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post