Julia Roberts: How George Clooney ‘saved me from complete loneliness’

Julia Roberts was fortunate to be caught in a pandemic bubble with the Clooneys. 

The 54-year-old actress is opening up about how George Clooney, 61, and his household “saved” her in the course of the pandemic. 

The pair had been filming their upcoming rom-com “Ticket to Paradise” in Australia and quarantined shut to one another, with Roberts in a house by herself and Clooney, his spouse Amal and their youngsters in a rental close by. 

“We began in Hamilton Island, with all these wild birds, and Julia had the home down just under Amal and me and the children,” Clooney mentioned in an interview with the New York Occasions. “I'd come out within the early mornings and be like, ‘Caa-caa,’ and Julia would come out and be like, ‘Caa-caa.’ After which we’d convey her down a cup of espresso. She was Aunt Juju to my youngsters.”

George Clooney and Julia Roberts attend the "Money Monster" Premiere during the 69th annual Cannes Film Festival on May 12, 2016 in Cannes, France.
Julia Roberts mentioned George Clooney and his household “saved” her whereas filming “Ticket to Paradise.”
Toni Anne Barson/FilmMagic
Amal Clooney seen with her children Alexander Clooney and Ella Clooney on December 6, 2018 in New York City.
Amal Clooney together with her kids Alexander and Ella in 2018 in New York Metropolis.
James Devaney/GC Pictures
Julia Roberts family
Roberts was away from her husband, Danny Moder, and three youngsters whereas filming in Australia.
Instagram/modermoder

However the longtime pals grew to become household to one another in additional methods than early wake-up calls and low runs.

“The Clooneys saved me from full loneliness and despair,” Roberts shared. “We had been in a bubble, and it’s the longest I’ve ever been away from my household. I don’t suppose I’ve spent that a lot time on my own since I used to be 25.”

When her husband, Danny Moder, and children did come go to, they needed to fly to Australia and quarantine for 2 weeks by themselves earlier than the household may absolutely reunite. 

Julia Roberts, George Clooney and Amal Clonney attend the "Money Monster" Premiere during the 69th annual Cannes Film Festival on May 12, 2016 in Cannes, France
Roberts, George and Amal Clooney on the Cannes Movie Competition in 2016.
Toni Anne Barson/FilmMagic

The “Fairly Girl” star shared that their preliminary quarantine in Australia made them “type of go a bit bit cuckoo.”

“I keep in mind proper round Day 11, I used to be like, ‘Who am I? The place am I? What is that this room that I by no means go away?’ It’s a humorous factor. I hadn’t actually anticipated all that,” she mentioned.

“That’s why they invented alcohol,” Clooney quipped in response.

George Clooney, left, and Julia Roberts in "Ticket to Paradise."
Clooney and Roberts in “Ticket to Paradise.”
Common Photos by way of AP

The film follows a divorced couple who journey to Bali collectively to cease their daughter from making the identical mistake they as soon as made. 

“We have now a friendship that individuals are conscious of, and we’re going into it as this divorced couple. Half of America most likely thinks we are divorced, so we have now that going for us,” Roberts mentioned.

“Ticket to Paradise” is in theaters Oct. 21.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post