Mets reporter Steve Gelbs in stands harassed by fans for ball during live broadcast

Good factor there aren’t many followers in Pittsburgh.

Within the backside of the sixth inning of Wednesday afternoon’s Mets-Pirates recreation, SNY announcer Steve Gelbs snagged a foul ball off the bat of Pittsburgh catcher Tyler Heineman.

Mets legend and present SNY broadcaster Keith Hernandez requested Gelbs if he caught it.

“No. It was a few part over and it bounced in the direction of me,” Gelbs admitted.

The broadcaster was approached by Bob, a Mets fan since 1962, a former New Jersey resident who now lives in DuBois, Penn, who claimed he’s “by no means gotten a ball in my life.”

“I’ve by no means gotten a ball in my life. I’m 35,” Gelbs responded to the lifelong Mets fan.

“You’ve bought much more years left to get one, Steve,” Bob stated.

Gelbs was approached by a number of followers pleading for the ball, which prompted Gelbs to name safety for backup.

“He’s solely kidding,” Bob informed a PNC Park safety employee.

“No, I want safety,” Gelbs added, as Hernandez and Gary Cohen laughed within the sales space.

The ball was all Gelbs’ whereas Bob’s comfort prize was the priceless interplay.

“Effectively Bob, I’m sorry to let you know you didn't get a foul ball however you probably did get on TV,” he stated because the digital camera lower away from the fiasco.

“And I met Steve Gelbs,” Bob added.

Two batters later, the announcer confirmed his charitable aspect.

“I believe I had my second within the solar,” Gelbs stated. “I’m going to carry onto this factor for the remainder of this half inning after which I’m going to discover a younger child and I’m going to provide him the baseball.”

As SNY went to business on the finish of the sixth, the digital camera confirmed Gelbs giving the ball to a boy in a Pirates jersey.

“Steve, lastly doing the proper factor,” Cohen stated. “Discovering a teen. All’s nicely that ends nicely.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post